Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I just finished mine this weekend. The weather is to ugly to go out and run it but I have a couple of setup questions. The factory setup sheet shows about 1 degree of toe out. That seems excessive to me. About half that I would think is more then adequate for most situations. For those that have run the car what do you have yours set at? It does seem to have a lot of camber up front. I am going to run it at this amount for its maiden outing. Has anyone changed the camber from the stock setup and how did it change or improve your handling?
Old 03-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt1970
Another question I have is battery. Looking for a what would be a good size and brands to use. I race on smaller indoor tracks mostly, but also large outdoor some in summer time. I use SMC currently with my other vehicles, but I don't really see any 4S available right now on their website.
Dinogy lipos might be Worth a try
Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Al_T
I just finished mine this weekend. The weather is to ugly to go out and run it but I have a couple of setup questions. The factory setup sheet shows about 1 degree of toe out. That seems excessive to me. About half that I would think is more then adequate for most situations. For those that have run the car what do you have yours set at? It does seem to have a lot of camber up front. I am going to run it at this amount for its maiden outing. Has anyone changed the camber from the stock setup and how did it change or improve your handling?
Mine is set to 1 deg out and it works great. I've had it set to 1 deg in as well but I like the 1 deg out because it helps with initial turn in. -1 deg out is acceptable, -2 deg out and beyond I think is where the limit is.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, in my Losi-e running 6s i felt fine with 15t pinion and 45t spur.

Still using 6s and 1400 kv Tekin motor, which pinion and spur do you suggest me to use in Mugen ? Medium tracks.

What's the advantage of a conical spur ?

Thx
Old 03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by team orange
Mine is set to 1 deg out and it works great. I've had it set to 1 deg in as well but I like the 1 deg out because it helps with initial turn in. -1 deg out is acceptable, -2 deg out and beyond I think is where the limit is.
Thanks for the info. I look forward to some better weather to get it on the track.

It was a super smooth build everything just went together incredibly well. Really a very high quality kit for sure.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody have problem with upright splitting when installing adjustment nut? One of mine did, then when doing the other upright, I was real careful and it still split too. I've done a lot of kits over the years with no problems. This was my first Mugen kit, and first problem.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-split-part.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody have problem with upright splitting when installing adjustment nut? One of mine did, then when doing the other upright, I was real careful and it still split too. I've done a lot of kits over the years with no problems. This was my first Mugen kit, and first problem.
No issues with mine. But I did have to make sure the nut went in just right. Otherwise the thread didn't want to go in.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dengor
No issues with mine. But I did have to make sure the nut went in just right. Otherwise the thread didn't want to go in.
Yea. I'm sure that's what caused it. But it was unusually hard to get in straight from the beginning. After the first one, I tried my hardest to get the 2nd in straight. No luck.

EDIT: I contacted Mugen and they are already sending me replacement parts. (That's what I was expecting from a good company and got. Good start.)

Last edited by Matt1970; 03-11-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea. I'm sure that's what caused it. But it was unusually hard to get in straight from the beginning. After the first one, I tried my hardest to get the 2nd in straight. No luck.

EDIT: I contacted Mugen and they are already sending me replacement parts. (That's what I was expecting from a good company and got. Good start.)
To help get them in straight I take my 5mm hex wrench and I put a drill bit drill stop on the wrench itself. I leave only enough wrench to stick out to fill the cap. This holds the cap in position and now you can keep the threads square to the upright threads
Old 03-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

I was hoping a couple of people could chime in on this. I had the 7 eco and loved they way it was on the ground but didnt like how it landed. Really didn't like how you had to downside perfectly or it sometime would get unsettled. It always seemed really soft to me. I don't down side everything. I can hit my marks but it its a small double and i can make more time. Ill go for it and flat land over down siding. How does it feel againt the 7 eco?. Is it a small increase in overall stability, medium, large...Holy sh*t this thing is amazing, etc.... If anyone can compare it to Tekno, that would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

I have been running Mugen since 2004, ran the AE car for about two years in that time and back to Mugen, and I have never seen that.....The only thing I have seen with this new car is the arms seem somewhat soft....meaning dont leave the car on a stand with wheels on it for any amount of time or they will warp....but other than that car has been solid.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Got a question about running the underdrive gearing in the rear. Do I adjust the weight of my diff fluid or do I still run the same weight oil. I currently run 7-7-3.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
Got a question about running the underdrive gearing in the rear. Do I adjust the weight of my diff fluid or do I still run the same weight oil. I currently run 7-7-3.
Mugen recommends going up in center diff fluid. I just got mine to try next weekend but I'm keeping the 7k and see how it feels. If it diffs out too much under acceleration I'll go to 10k
Old 03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi guys love my 7R eco but looking to make some small changes is anybody running Drake's 10 10 7 diff oil also if so how did it work? I see on his set up sheet in the Comments section it says Clutch system does anyone know what that is ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.