R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Tech Addict
 
Loco4G63T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default About Time 8 )

I have been waiting for this buggy a long time! I am more than happy to hear its a kit and can't wait to get mine. So is this bad boy coming out early December? Should I wait a month or 2 to get passed the possible early production flaws? I am gonna buy this and break her in at MOTORAMA
__________________
"D" TTRC - RCRNV and Mimi's "The TRACK".
OFF ROAD - B5M CE, TLR22T 2.0, and Mugen MBX7R Eco.
ON ROAD - 13' T4(VTA), 14' T4(USGT), CRC X10LE (WGT), Tamiya M03-R & Euro Semi-Truck, MST FXX-D S II (DRIFT) and Serpent 977e Evo 2.
Driving through hell and back! Phoenix Raceway, Afghanistan 10'-11'.
Loco4G63T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 117
Default

anyone know how much?
turtle189mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco4G63T View Post
I have been waiting for this buggy a long time! I am more than happy to hear its a kit and can't wait to get mine. So is this bad boy coming out early December? Should I wait a month or 2 to get passed the possible early production flaws? I am gonna buy this and break her in at MOTORAMA
there shouldn't be many flaws considering it's based on the 7, it's just an evolution

the R versions of the Mugens are generally good from the start (I had a MBX5R and a MBX6 USA edition which can be considered a "R" in some ways)

when the 7 came out I didn't consider it as a serious replacement for the 6 but regarding the 7R it's another story
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CAwFfuz1K3chBSVpIlSew
Pulse_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189mt View Post
anyone know how much?
Should be the same range as the x7.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 137
Default

Could anyone check dimensions of full Mugen MBX7TE?
On site there are only dimensions of a body, I think.
GluEEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
skengines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Blah Vegas
Posts: 5,292
Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default

wow..so tempting. i told myself i would not get back into R/C but this kit (NOT PRE BUILT) is making me want to start racing again
__________________
Mugen MBX7 Eco/Mugen MBX7T Eco
skengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
mkiiina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 2,332
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

-E2129 Front Upright - A new designed front hub carrier that incorporates the front universal to be in a trailing axle position.* A new universal (E2218) is used with this hub and it uses an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing.

-E2131 Rear Upright - The rear hub carrier has been modified to allow for use of an 8mm x 16mm ball bear which is required for the new (E2219) universal shaft. This hub carrier will also allow the use of the 15mm x 21mm ball bearing too. This hub carrier can be used for either the MBX7R or MBX7.-E2132 Front Upper Arm. The front upper suspension arm has been shorten 1.6mm. This will allow the use of the E0161 spacer between the pillar ball and the upper arm. This will allow for the same camber on each side of the buggy.

-E2133 Rear Lower Arm - The suspension arm has been modified to allow for clearance so the new E2219 universal doesn’t rub the arm. This arm will work on either the MBX7R*ECO*or MBX7buggy.

-E2218 Front Universal Shaft - A new design universal drive shaft set for the front of the MBX7R*ECO.*The E2129 front upright must be used with these universals as they require an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing. The length of the drive shaft is 91.5mm.

-E2219 Rear Universal Shaft - A new design universal drive shaft set for the rear of the MBX7R*ECO. The E2131 rear*upright must be used with these universals as they require an 8mm x 16mm ball bearing. The length of the drive shaft is 89.5mm.

-E2314 Steering Plate - The new steering ackerman plate has 5 adjustment holes for maximum steering adjustability.

-E2408 Wing Stay - A new wing mount that can move the wing forward maximum 10.5mm to improve traction and overall feeling of the buggy.

-E2409 Stone Guard - The sides of the stone guard are changed to fit the new chassis.

-E2411 Chassis - The side angle of the chassis has been changed to increase chassis strength. This will allow for a better feeling on all surfaces.

-E2528 Front 16mm Shock Set

-E2529 Rear 16mm Shock Set New 16mm Front/Rear shocks which will greatly improve stability in bumps and jumps
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
It's a kit, placed my order through mugen when they sent me an email. Can't wait.
Are you sure it's a kit? According to amain it's a roller.

http://www.amain.com/mugen-seiki-mbx...-buggy/p404514

Either way I'm thinking about buying this Mugen instead of the Losi 8ight 3.0-e.

The instruction manual looks good too. I've ready somewhere that the nitro version wasn't easy to build.
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

If I was still running 8th scale, I would NOT just run out and buy this. Why? I knew more than a few people who absolutely hated the MBX6R when it came out.
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #25
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

So maybe I'll stick why the 8ight 3.0-e hahaha who knows anymore...So many good cars out there anymore.
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #26
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
If I was still running 8th scale, I would NOT just run out and buy this. Why? I knew more than a few people who absolutely hated the MBX6R when it came out.
This is true for all new kits IMO. When you buy a kit that has just been released it's quite risky unless the changes with its predecessor are minimal. Many guys running the 6 didn't like the 7. Some guys switching for the 7R will not like it either. But I see another reason for this: it takes time to get used to a car. Even when it's very good. I never believe a guy that tells me "this car is crap, I tried it an afternoon and it's not worth it". Some cars will need weeks or months to shine, it takes time and effort to get used to a new platform and know how to make it work on different tracks.

Personnaly I never buy a buggy unless it's been out since about a year or so, I'm always waiting for a v2 version. To me this is the v2 of the 7. Time will tell if I'm wrong but I have the feeling this will be a good buggy. I didn't like the 7 so much to be honest (tried it in both nitro & electric) but IMO Mugen made good choices on this evolution.
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CAwFfuz1K3chBSVpIlSew
Pulse_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
This is true for all new kits IMO. When you buy a kit that has just been released it's quite risky unless the changes with its predecessor are minimal. Many guys running the 6 didn't like the 7. Some guys switching for the 7R will not like it either. But I see another reason for this: it takes time to get used to a car. Even when it's very good. I never believe a guy that tells me "this car is crap, I tried it an afternoon and it's not worth it". Some cars will need weeks or months to shine, it takes time and effort to get used to a new platform and know how to make it work on different tracks.

Personnaly I never buy a buggy unless it's been out since about a year or so, I'm always waiting for a v2 version. To me this is the v2 of the 7. Time will tell if I'm wrong but I have the feeling this will be a good buggy. I didn't like the 7 so much to be honest (tried it in both nitro & electric) but IMO Mugen made good choices on this evolution.
Do you think it would be safer to get the losi 8ight 3.0-e since it's already a proven platform or take my chances with the mugen? I like my 22 2.0 so I thought I'd give the 8ight e a try but then saw this.... choices!
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #28
Tech Addict
 
Bburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Masury Ohio
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeasor View Post
Are you sure it's a kit? According to amain it's a roller.

http://www.amain.com/mugen-seiki-mbx...-buggy/p404514

Either way I'm thinking about buying this Mugen instead of the Losi 8ight 3.0-e.

The instruction manual looks good too. I've ready somewhere that the nitro version wasn't easy to build.
Yes I'm positive it's a kit. It even says on mugens website it's a kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  
__________________
Mugen Seiki racing - Austintown Hobby Shop
Bburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
Yes I'm positive it's a kit. It even says on mugens website it's a kit.
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 754
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Didn't the 7 eco have a problem with the body fitting if so does anyone see this one being a problem also
bkuff-losi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net