Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamtrackpants
I too am about to build up a set of the rear shocks and am pretty much at a loss re: how to top up and bleed the shocks.

i've got an online manual for the Mugen MBX7 Eco - that i can't link to here yet cause i'm still new to RCTECH - but it's not really detailed for a new-be...

any instructional help is much appreciated!

and fyi: i'm building these to put on my 9yr old boy's Vaterra Glamis Uno - so apologies all around - more of a basher than a racer /: (:
This is how I bleed mine: make sure bladders are placed well into your cap, you screw cap on with bladder all way "hand tight" and then remove, this should push bladder into its fully seated position inside cap. Since these are bleeder style caps your bleeder hole shouldn't be blocked after doing this step.
---now fill shock oil to rim of shock body with shock shaft fully extended. Work shock shaft in and out, then let air bubbles escape with shock shaft still fully extended.
---I then screw shock cap on until you start getting shock oil coming out of bleeder hole. This usually is almost where the cap is fully hand tight. Once you reach this point, slowly start pushing the shock shaft in and you should see oil coming out of bleeder hole in shock cap. Once you reach desired rebound position, hand tighten shock cap rest of the way to fully tight and hopefully this technique gets you desired rebound
idbdoug
Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cyba888
Almost done building the buggy everything went smoothly all the parts fit perfect very high quality kit. Only thing left are the shocks and electronics.
Any tips on building the shocks....the manual looks confusing. Let me know if this is correct. For example to get 50% rebound tighten the shock cap half way then push the shaft up half way for the oil to leak out, then fully tighten the cap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixBJu93Qyw
Old 01-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/3XFDgpg3o3k

This is my video of how I build mugen shocks
Old 01-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks so much... i can fumble it from here!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

awesome thanks guys!!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the MBX7 Eco bodies fit the MBX7R Eco?
Old 01-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Yes
Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
This is how I bleed mine: make sure bladders are placed well into your cap, you screw cap on with bladder all way "hand tight" and then remove, this should push bladder into its fully seated position inside cap. Since these are bleeder style caps your bleeder hole shouldn't be blocked after doing this step.
---now fill shock oil to rim of shock body with shock shaft fully extended. Work shock shaft in and out, then let air bubbles escape with shock shaft still fully extended.
---I then screw shock cap on until you start getting shock oil coming out of bleeder hole. This usually is almost where the cap is fully hand tight. Once you reach this point, slowly start pushing the shock shaft in and you should see oil coming out of bleeder hole in shock cap. Once you reach desired rebound position, hand tighten shock cap rest of the way to fully tight and hopefully this technique gets you desired rebound
idbdoug
I have a problem with setting rebound the same on each shock and knowing how much rebound to use. Any help would be great. Thanks, Grant
Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it a must that we use 10 awg wires? Can I get away with 12 awg wires because I got a bunch lying around.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

ok im kinda a newb. my first kit. is anyone else having an issue getting the screws into the diff housing? it seems like the holes are 2 small for the screws. ive only got 2 screws in one of the housings. maybe i just need more practice....
Old 01-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Is it a must that we use 10 awg wires? Can I get away with 12 awg wires because I got a bunch lying around.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...questions.html
Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have always used 12 awg wire with no problems.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jomoe
ok im kinda a newb. my first kit. is anyone else having an issue getting the screws into the diff housing? it seems like the holes are 2 small for the screws. ive only got 2 screws in one of the housings. maybe i just need more practice....
i got em lol just took some patience
Old 01-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC
I have always used 12 awg wire with no problems.
+1

Everything from Deans to Tekin to cheap Turnigy 12ga.

Every connector from Deans, Traxxas, EC-5s, 4mm bullets...

No problems.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jomoe
One of these help tremendously with the build. Just go slow and dont strip out the threads as you cut them into the virgin plastic parts.

Dewalt Gyro Screwdriver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.