R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 09-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #1726
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Great video! Need to show us how you built that ramp. Would like to do that for several ramps that are wide enough to use as modular features on a track....nothing that big though!
thank you
I wanted a ramp that is light and thin. I used 20x20mm L shaped metallic tubing to build the "ribs" of the ramp. I cut, bend and reweld 100mm sections to get the arc I need

the ribbing of my newest ramp :

then I put the plywood with screws.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #1727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice work werner. That's a proper jump.
0verkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #1728
Tech Master

thank you Sir

I started with a jump made of dirt and lost too much time shaping it and repairing it, instead of improving my jump skills. Now I got a consistent ramp to jump properly. I have now more time to get better at jumping

And I can take those ramp wherever I want
It was really worth learning to weld by myself !
Old 09-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #1729
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/sm...jhp24.jpg.html

anyone know what the taller front top arm is? im guessing a 7 but maybe off a mbx6 or even one of the semi-clone mugens?
smoke229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:27 AM   #1730
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

thats a MBX6 upper arm. and you have your sway bar links on backwards.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #1731
Tech Regular

Anyone know where you can get a 29g chassis weight?
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #1732
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

M2C maybe? I know they sell weights for mugen vehicles
racingnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #1733
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I wanted your opinions on whether I should buy the 7 or not right now. I run an 8.2e but I'm dead set on getting a Mugen buggy next. Will an updated buggy be released in the near future? Or should I just go ahead with the Eco that's out now? If I'm putting around 500 bucks for a buggy I don't mind waiting a bit to get a newer version..
StrawberryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #1734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFire View Post
Hey guys I wanted your opinions on whether I should buy the 7 or not right now. I run an 8.2e but I'm dead set on getting a Mugen buggy next. Will an updated buggy be released in the near future? Or should I just go ahead with the Eco that's out now? If I'm putting around 500 bucks for a buggy I don't mind waiting a bit to get a newer version..
If you think about it based on budget, wait for the new rig. If you can't wait, buy a used Mugen and swap brands now. Still have enough money to have spares and enjoy the upgrade IMHO.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:51 AM   #1735
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
If you think about it based on budget, wait for the new rig. If you can't wait, buy a used Mugen and swap brands now. Still have enough money to have spares and enjoy the upgrade IMHO.
Thanks Thunder Trail..I mean I AM thinking about it based on budget...but I still want a Mugen so badly!! I've been looking at a few used mugens...but would rather just build one myself...I think i'll wait though it's really killing me right now.

If I can find a used mugen in the near future I think I'll go ahead and just buy it if it's cheap enough to feel it out.

What are some immediate options I should get? I couldn't find aluminum chassis braces for the mix (thats usually my first buy !)

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #1736
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I hear ya, I got the 8.2/e as well. I'm ready to switch but just not sure whether or not to wait. The way I see it it goes both ways when buying new kits. 1. buy the 7r and have a proven solid vehicle 2. buy the newest kit and have to deal with the bugs that need to be worked out. I am very close to buying the 7r eco right this second. If I wait I may be able to pick up a new 7r kit cheap since the 8? is out. I jumped into a rc8t3 as soon as it came out and currently wish I bought the mugen truck. decisions decisions, I agree that buying a used 7r may be the best bet. Try it out see if you like it, if not get the 8 if it is a better vehicle for you. Tough call, All I know is I'm tired of the 8.2e and I'm ready for some steering
racingnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #1737
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingnewb View Post
I hear ya, I got the 8.2/e as well. I'm ready to switch but just not sure whether or not to wait. The way I see it it goes both ways when buying new kits. 1. buy the 7r and have a proven solid vehicle 2. buy the newest kit and have to deal with the bugs that need to be worked out. I am very close to buying the 7r eco right this second. If I wait I may be able to pick up a new 7r kit cheap since the 8? is out. I jumped into a rc8t3 as soon as it came out and currently wish I bought the mugen truck. decisions decisions, I agree that buying a used 7r may be the best bet. Try it out see if you like it, if not get the 8 if it is a better vehicle for you. Tough call, All I know is I'm tired of the 8.2e and I'm ready for some steering
This! I agree 100%.

But from what i've seen just because the new buggy is out doesn't mean the older version is going to drop drastically in price.. (atleast in AE). There is also what you mentioned about the flaws of the new buggy having to be straightened out..which would take time..

If that's the case it might be better to get the mugen now... and use it for a couple years before getting an anticipated mbx8? But that means I will always be a step 'behind'...ahhh

I hear you on the 8.2e steering! Had a sweet relationship with AE but it's time to breakup!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #1738
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I know how you feel, but don't look at it like your behind with a used rig. Your ahead! You can enjoy the Mugen buggy on a budget, maybe even half price. It may come with upgrades, but few if any are needed. Anything you upgrade will likely be because you wanted it, not because it was needed. I buy many of my race rigs used. I rebuild them from the ground up no matter what. That way I know everything about the rig and clean/replace bearings and such if needed. If you race at a few tracks, most of your expense will be in tires. Good thing about the Mugen buggies, If you are a decent driver you can race it a year or two and not spend much on parts. They are durable. Quality of parts seems above average that's for sure.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #1739
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just checking if the SMC 4S 5400mah a straight fit on the tray. Confirming before ordering.
rcindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #1740
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFire View Post
What I did. I picked up a used 7r Eco that was owned by a local racer. He had a ton of upgrades on it and spares plus he won the local summer series here with it. He was offered a good deal to switch to TLR's latest one and speaking to him recently he likes the Mugen better still. It's a great buggy, go for it.
JPucko is offline   Reply With Quote