R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 08-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #1711
Tech Adept

I don't want them to develop another MUGEN! What for, the one they have now mBx7R is great!! I have no idea what they can do to make it any better. The new Truggy is pretty much the same as the mbx7T... Let add a R to it and its different!!
FASTLANE81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #1712
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLANE81 View Post
I don't want them to develop another MUGEN! What for, the one they have now mBx7R is great!! I have no idea what they can do to make it any better. The new Truggy is pretty much the same as the mbx7T... Let add a R to it and its different!!
ok, if you love that much the mbx7r eco, you buy 5 of them and you let us wait for the new improved mbx8 !
the mbx7r eco has its weakness and if mugen does a good job, the mbx8 will be a great car !
Old 08-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #1713
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the proline predator body for the MBX7r on the eco?
cjmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #1714
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Springs....

So I got some mugen springs in a deal I just made. How do I go about finding out what they are? The labels are missing.
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #1715
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would say anything you destroy is going to have weaknesses lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
ok, if you love that much the mbx7r eco, you buy 5 of them and you let us wait for the new improved mbx8 !
the mbx7r eco has its weakness and if mugen does a good job, the mbx8 will be a great car !
MeasuresMicrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #1716
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
So I got some mugen springs in a deal I just made. How do I go about finding out what they are? The labels are missing.
Adam Drake has a video on YouTube about springs. Search for Adam Drake Mugen Seiki and you should find it.

Basically, you can measure the wire thickness (either 1.4, 1.5, 1.6mm) and count the number of coils. More coils= softer, less coils= harder. The thickness of the wire has an effect on them being more progressive or linear.
dmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #1717
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons View Post
I would say anything you destroy is going to have weaknesses lol.
so far my favourite jumper is the mbx7r eco with some easy mods ( xray arms ). i tested the eb48 which has the toughest arms by far, but the eb48 has a major fail with the main driveshaft bending. i should add a chassis stiffener....
Old 08-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #1718
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So somehow I ended up with a 7 top arm on left side and a 7r arm on right side, I couldn't figure out why buggy pushed a lot no matter what I did. My question is, if I manually set the camber with a gauge on both sides to an equal amount (-2) wouldn't this equal out the differences between both arms??
smoke229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #1719
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up a used mbx7r roller. My first 1/8 buggy. On a budget so ordered the xerun sct 2250kv combo. What sort of gearing should I be starting with?
JPucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:05 AM   #1720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke229 View Post
So somehow I ended up with a 7 top arm on left side and a 7r arm on right side, I couldn't figure out why buggy pushed a lot no matter what I did. My question is, if I manually set the camber with a gauge on both sides to an equal amount (-2) wouldn't this equal out the differences between both arms??
No need to swap out the arm. The 7R arms are slightly shorter to allow the removal of a shim to increase negative camber.

You will probably find that you need ZERO shims on the 7 upper arm, and ONE shim on the 7R upper arm to even out both sides. (@ -2*)
Old 08-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #1721
Tech Rookie

Does anyone run with weights for better F/R L/R distribution?
EliMinoPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #1722
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

No, what I'm saying is I did adjust for the unequal lengths manually but buggy still was FAR from right while driving. I should of been able to equal this out with my camber gauge. I really don't know for sure that the odd arm was from a 7, maybe it's a 6 arm? The arch in the arm is a lot more pronounced than the 7r arm and after a lot of staring at it I believe the kick up or angle of the unknown arm is different . Anyone have a clue what model arm it is? I ran it for atleast a month fighting my weird unknown turning issues. I bought the buggy used and now I'm wondering if both tops were of this unknown style originally. Yes it's a 7r buggy lol
smoke229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #1723
Tech Master

still jumping the mbx7r eco and loving it !
first footages with the new camera ; it will be better next time !

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #1724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Great video! Need to show us how you built that ramp. Would like to do that for several ramps that are wide enough to use as modular features on a track....nothing that big though!
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #1725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke229 View Post
No, what I'm saying is I did adjust for the unequal lengths manually but buggy still was FAR from right while driving. I should of been able to equal this out with my camber gauge. I really don't know for sure that the odd arm was from a 7, maybe it's a 6 arm? The arch in the arm is a lot more pronounced than the 7r arm and after a lot of staring at it I believe the kick up or angle of the unknown arm is different . Anyone have a clue what model arm it is? I ran it for atleast a month fighting my weird unknown turning issues. I bought the buggy used and now I'm wondering if both tops were of this unknown style originally. Yes it's a 7r buggy lol
Sounds like your 7R arms are warped it happens with 7r arms one side is warped or bent more than the other due to hard crashes at least grey done break !!
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote