Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Can not get buggy to start please help!!!! >

Can not get buggy to start please help!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can not get buggy to start please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Can not get buggy to start please help!!!!

I can not get kyosho buggy to start i have a top p5
Does any body know the starting points to tune engine?
I have a m8 radio and when i push foward it pulls engine boot out and when i pull trigger it goes in. I had it on starter box and it finally started and it reved to the max and had to cover exaust to stop. It did that two or threee times and so I stopped when I picked it up a bunch of fuel came out jp 2 pipe
I hope I did not hurt any thing!!! any advice??
Thanks
Jon
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To save you hassle and money i would go to your LHS or local track and have someone that has tuned and setup a nitro engine before help you get going. YOu need to set all the end points and carb linkage before you try to start it. Fuel came out of the pipe because you just flooded it when you put your finger on the exhaust to kill it.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

i got buggy to start and idle but it has very little thottle response and no brakes. the servo barley moves and makes noise at all times. Is this because its not in nuetral if so how to get it back to nuetral
any ideas
Jon
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

First off you need to get and read the manual for the m8. You need to reverse the throttle servo if what you wrote above is correct. When you pull the trigger it should as you say pull the carb boot out. When you push the trigger forward, it needs to push the boot in.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

yes I allready did that but servo barely moves and makes noise at all times like theres a problem internally of servo
Old 09-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

If the servo is a cheap standard servo, you need to toss it and get one with quite a bit more torque, preferrably over 100 ounces. If it's a high torque/digital, you need to put the buggy away and crack open the manual to the M8. Read it front to back and back to front. Familarize your self with all the settings and what they do. More than likely your EPAs (end point ajustments) are not set right. But first i would make sure that all the servos are at neutral when the radio trims are set to neutral before you mess with EPA.