R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 01-18-2015, 12:59 AM   #76
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post
Relegate, where are you in NorCal?
North Berkeley. We have a small mediocre track off of University Ave and the Frontage road. It's more motocross than supercross. Fun and we maintain it the best we can despite dogs, bikes, kids and homeless. Haha.
relegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #77
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhyde2483 View Post
What if swap shocks around back on front and fronts on back???? I got some back 2.5 springs sitting around what bout put them on the front with say 70wt oil ??? Lol ideas
I'd just swap oil. It would help to know what the stock weight is, too. That's going to start you going down the right path. I am sure there are a host of sc springs that will work as well.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #78
Tech Rookie

Trying not to jack the thread- update with silicon diff oil. Night and day improvement. 1-2 hours of work while watching TV, and the truck was awesome today. Again, against the slash LCG with a competent driver. The traction and handling increase was phenomenal. Was able to walk away any time I wanted to, the truck was easier to control and the added traction made it jump way better. All I did between the last 2 days was add the diff fluid and BAM. I love it when cheap things work well.

Also ran it on 3s. Was great. Top speed with 13/62 was similar to another slash 4x4 on 3s with stock gearing. Temps were fine with the MMP.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #79
Tech Rookie

What weights and where??
ironhyde2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:42 AM   #80
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

be cool if they offered this in kit form.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for sharing your findings - its nice to have some constructive posts to fix the issues with the car for current owners- rather than bashing its shortcomings (or the rcsaylors) as has been the case with the ultimaterc forum. How are the diffs holding up with the castle and 3s?

I've changed my shock oil to 35f and 40r. Have to still run it so i'm not sure if I'm going to mess around with the diffs quite yet. Any recommendations on gearing with the stock larger spur with 2s? i'm thinking 15t-16t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relegate View Post
Trying not to jack the thread- update with silicon diff oil. Night and day improvement. 1-2 hours of work while watching TV, and the truck was awesome today. Again, against the slash LCG with a competent driver. The traction and handling increase was phenomenal. Was able to walk away any time I wanted to, the truck was easier to control and the added traction made it jump way better. All I did between the last 2 days was add the diff fluid and BAM. I love it when cheap things work well.

Also ran it on 3s. Was great. Top speed with 13/62 was similar to another slash 4x4 on 3s with stock gearing. Temps were fine with the MMP.
littlebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #82
Tech Rookie

Check out new video on YouTube by grimsock looks like he got it jumping pretty good
Old 01-20-2015, 07:28 AM   #83
Tech Adept

I found another video - would be good to get the setup he's using because the car looks to be jumping great! Maybe he's an rctech member? probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmxhcLsmTIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVRpBVAMhQ
Old 01-22-2015, 11:04 PM   #84
Tech Rookie

So using stock shock 50wt fr/35 rear 17/54 setup no jumping issues and can control while in the air problem solved Goin to put the 64 spur back in and keep 17 and try but problem solved all suspension issues hard in front soft rear!!!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #85
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am tempted to just take mine out and run it!!! So what gearing was he running on that outdoor track? I also have a set of revo spec big bore shocks left over from a slash 4x4 platinum I was thinking of putting on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuddha View Post
I found another video - would be good to get the setup he's using because the car looks to be jumping great! Maybe he's an rctech member? probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmxhcLsmTIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVRpBVAMhQ
Nissanguy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #86
Tech Adept

In the video he says that he used the optional small spur with 13t pinion - otherwise all stock. Doesn't mention any suspension/shock adjustments but does say that he would go a little big bigger in the pinion size.

Quote:
I am tempted to just take mine out and run it!!! So what gearing was he running on that outdoor track? I also have a set of revo spec big bore shocks left over from a slash 4x4 platinum I was thinking of putting on.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:33 AM   #87
Tech Initiate

I did get around to swapping the spur gear out for the included 54 tooth gear. And noticed that even with it never being used yet that the grease in the center diff was already caked up one side of it. only thing I don't like is after setting the gear mesh the wiring on the motor is almost laying on the center drive shaft going to the rear diff. moved the motor mount on the motor and didn't like the way the wires seemed to look like they were too near vertical
chris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #88
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bumping this poor ignored thread.
Super sorry I missed this truck at $190 shipped. It is $299 now before coupon and $20 tower cash back.

At that price, I'll prob hold out for something better.
Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #89
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am thinking of just selling mine, brand new in the box
Nissanguy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #90
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote: