R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 03-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #331
Tech Adept

Your truck sounds awesome now.

Id love to see the proline body.

Update:
Tower shipped me the esc as promised. I still havent installed it yet. I may just hold on to it for something else.

Edge1RC.com - Reviews and More
edgeverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #332
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just ordered me the roller off ebay today, has anyone confirmed the wheel offset for these, from pics it looks like 0 offset like what the losi scte uses.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #333
Tech Adept

They are 12mm hex, so any sc wheel should work.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #334
Tech Regular

thanks but i'm looking for the backspacing (offset of wheel) if you don't have the right ones tires will stick out past body and also if you don't have enough backspace it can make your truck have too much scrub in the steering. just wanting to know which they are wanting to order some de racing wheels.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #335
Tech Adept

I did test fit HPI blitz stock wheels. Fit well.
Hope that helped somewhat. I never used Losi wheels so I am not 100% on losi's offset.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:36 AM   #336
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoj550 View Post
just ordered me the roller off ebay today, has anyone confirmed the wheel offset for these, from pics it looks like 0 offset like what the losi scte uses.
Losi scte
chris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #337
Tech Regular

Had SCTE for last 4 years, tired of high maintance, too many high wear parts. ( and i even had tekno outdrives and shafts ) and high prices for parts so got rid of it, plus don't race that class anymore, just want something to bash around on buddy's track and tuesday night practice at indoor track.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #338
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Picked up my Cutback about 3 weeks ago... So Far So Good...

Picked up my Cutback from Towerhobbies about 3 weeks ago and I can say that the Stock setup right out of the box was WAY too soft for our local track. Not to mention the Diffs have NO Diff fluid in them.
A 14/54 gearing setup was OK for our track giving plenty of power out of the corners but not near enough speed down the long straights and JUST barely enough speed to clear the longest jump on the track using the stock 3600kv motor and a 5300mah 30c Zippy Lipo.

All that being said, the truck handled fairly well despite its disadvantages. I did experience the nose dive problems and constant traction roll overs in the corners but was still able to keep up with the other guys at the track that had much faster trucks and better setups. For a Sub $300 RTR 4X4 shortcourse truck it is an amazingly good performer at the track.

Plans to correct its issues are as follows -
- 10,000wt oil in the front diff/ 70,000wt in center and 3,000wt in the rear
- 30wt oil and green springs for the front shocks/ 45wt (maybe 50wt) oil and blue springs for the rear
- Sway bar kit for front and rear
- Trackstar 5600kv 4 pole with stock 11/62 gearing
- Duratrax Shotgun Tires all around with a set of Pro-line Calibers as a back up (Hard packed red clay track with deep loamy areas in the corners)

Next Race in 2 weeks and Hopefully a chance to try out the updates before hand...
motoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #339
Tech Adept

@motoxman..

your plans sound good. I swapped the spur with the 54t spur and went to a 15t pinion. I saw a huge difference in speed as opposed to the stock 11/62 setup.

I also picked up the front and rear sway bars and again, much better handling. I think the 3600 4pl motor is a bit weak.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:26 AM   #340
Tech Regular

Got mine yesterday and went through the shocks and everything was built right, then went through all diffs and put fluids in. alls i can say is wow, rebuilding the diffs on this thing was so easy, have to say getting diffs out was the easiest car iv'e ever worked on. switched out to the smaller spur and puttin' in a SMC 4500kv motor. really liking this thing so far, can't see where all the negative feedbacks on this thing are coming from.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 AM   #341
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

if you guys have any tips you want me to add to the first page let me know.

A starting setup too that is better than the out of the box could be helpful as well.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:24 AM   #342
Tech Regular

got the sway bars over the weekend now waiting on the soft springs (as the stock ones are way too stiff) and then try this thing out tues. night at practice. also mounted up a set of panther rattlers super soft on deracing wheels and to let everyone know this thing uses Losi SCTE 0 offset wheels, i'll post up a pick of it later.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #343
Tech Apprentice

Default Big change!

OK, so as of my last post about the chosen setup for the diffs and fluid choices as well as gearing, I have had a chance to drive the truck. I can say that switching out the stock motor to the trackstar 5600kv 4 pole was a wise choice. Stock gearing of 11/62 was good but going up to 13/62 was better and the absolute max (due to battery life and motor temps at 145 degrees) 14/62 was best for our local track. I did switch back to the 13/62 setup for better acceleration out of the corners since out track has several large jumps directly off of a turn (ie. no run up). The diff fluid wt choices are OK but I think I may need slightly thicker oil in the center diff (100,000 wt) to alleviate traction loss due to unweighting the front wheels on hard acceleration and allowing them to spin a bit too much. The sway bars were a night and day difference in handling in the corners. The truck feels better planted and tends to track smoother around the tight switchbacks as well as having less body roll during high speed sweeper corners. The spring rates are still a bit too soft for the large jumps and it still has a tendency to nosedive but I believe this too can be just a matter of setup. Shock oil wt is pretty good for the track from the factory but I went up anyway to 45wt in the rear and down to 30wt up front and adjust the truck weight bias by lowering the rear sag about 5.5mm and raising the front by 3mm. This helped the nose diving quite a bit but still did not eliminate it entirely. Thinking I need to raise the rear up .5mm as I think it maybe a bit too low and striking the jump face on approach. May also go up to 50wt oil to help with the landings from the large jumps. Our track is really a smooth track for the most part so bump traction loss is minimal especially since I like to stay in the loamy regions of the track (better bite) to carry higher speeds thru the corners since our jumps are so close.

Overall, this is a fantastic truck for even twice the price... Still not liking the steering servo though, way too slow... Gonna change that ASAP!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #344
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Want a short course for some light bashing and maybe some racing at the club level. I can get a new roller for 100 but wanted to know it I can do some racing with it. Also is this kit being discontinued?

Thanks
lnc0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #345
Tech Apprentice

I plan on doing some serious club level racing with mine