Wiki Posts
Search

New to me SC10

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default New to me SC10

I just traded a Kyosho buggy for an SC10RS the other day. I'm wondering what parts are most likey to fail/break. What are some automatic upgrades?
This is 2wd so there doesnt really seem to be much to this truck. My plan is to make this for Sand only. We have Glamis Sand Dunes out here. So it'll pretty much just be for fast as possible and BIG jumps (hopefully soft landings). So any shock reccomendations are appreciated.
I know these bodies are like a sail so it sounds like I'll have to cut vents in the body. I was thinking of just doing the windshield as see how that works.
How interchangeable are bodies with these? Other brands short course bodies fit?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If it's for bashing I would get RPM front and rear arms, the RPM front bulkhead and front bumper. Make sure to get/ keep the little white foams for the balls studs fresh to try and keep any sand out. And not a must have but probably a good idea would be to get an under tray from JConcepts and make sure you have a really good seal to help with sand. Other than that keep some Caster blocks and hubs for the front invest in some strc aluminum rear hubs and not sure if they make them for the sc10 but you can make them out of little balloons some shock boots to keep sand out. Just out of curiosity what Kyosho buggy did you trade for the truck?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Keep the windshield, if you get a new body get the jconcepts high flow, lots of available vents to cut out. The RTR shocks are fine unless you can come up on some used big bores, would definitely handle the big jumps better.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Run the short course buggy body for the sand , that would be awesome
Old 09-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I traded for a Kyosho NEO. it came to me free, including the motor. I think the guy got the better of the deal on paper but I just never used it.
A lot of the reason I got this was the "cool" factor. This is Glmais is going to look so rad. Most of which comes from these bodies. I've always wanted a short course because they look so rad. I saw tJconcepts has a Chevy body. Once paddles are on it, it's going to be little Robbie Gordon hittin the dunes! I have my Rustler setup just for sand as well. I bought that after the Traxxas promo video

Gratuitous photo

Last edited by Bansh88; 09-25-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wittyname
Run the short course buggy body for the sand , that would be awesome
That would look sic, miniature class 1 buggy with paddles.