Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Suspended

Default Help!

I plan to use tenshock x802v2/1650kv and 6s battery for traxxas slash. i want to ask of you i want to built a fast car to be over 100mph is this motor good?
or do you recommend another also i want you to recommend me a good extreme esc.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I can tell you right now that a slash won't make it to 100 mph, in sct form.otherwise it is a pretty good motor to use, maybe a little higher on the kv.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

As a rule, any car going 100mph+ will sooner or later take a tumble at that speed. It does not take much to upset the car going that fast - A tire blowing, a piece of debris in the path, wind from the side, air running under the body, and the list will go on.

At 100mph get it on video when it wipes out as you may need the replay to find all the parts again.

It is your toy and you are welcome to do as you wish, but most people that take something other than an on-road car and do speed runs have done a lot of modifications to the car itself.

An SCT is not a best foundation to go for the land speed record in.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Thank you !
Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lbenton
As a rule, any car going 100mph+ will sooner or later take a tumble at that speed. It does not take much to upset the car going that fast - A tire blowing, a piece of debris in the path, wind from the side, air running under the body, and the list will go on.

At 100mph get it on video when it wipes out as you may need the replay to find all the parts again.

It is your toy and you are welcome to do as you wish, but most people that take something other than an on-road car and do speed runs have done a lot of modifications to the car itself.

An SCT is not a best foundation to go for the land speed record in.
Right SCT is not your choice if you want to 10mph+. Even you make an on road, you still need to make a lot of modification.And I expect that would be a lot of money
Old 09-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I can tell you right now that a slash won't make it to 100 mph, in sct form.otherwise it is a pretty good motor to use, maybe a little higher on the kv.
I still need high KV? high KV is ok?Are there any other requirements?
Old 09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rc4wd
Right SCT is not your choice if you want to 10mph+. Even you make an on road, you still need to make a lot of modification.And I expect that would be a lot of money
Do you recommend another also i want you to recommend me a good extreme esc
Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Suspended

Default which KV can use

Originally Posted by ThePanda
for the X802V2 have 4 KV,the highest is 2400KV,do you think is enough?
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You want to go over 100+MPH? You should be looking at an on-road chassis. You need to sort out your chassis before you talk about batteries or extreme ESCs
Old 09-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Suspended

Tenshock motor use good??
I want to buy tenshock X211 for my losi