Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What do people think of Team Associated? >

What do people think of Team Associated?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do people think of Team Associated?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's a guy running an XB9 at our track, and he's always on the podium. I drove a Team C and loved it, but good luck getting support. Never seen a Mugen run but hear they're awesome. TLR always does well at out track. But, if I was you, and I was just running club races, I'd just run the 8.2.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
If you pack any car into a solid object at top speed it is going to break. I have a B44.1FT too, I don't have any problems with breaking parts. Stuffing your car into pegs is not a catastrophic failure. You crashed.
Did I say stuff ... no I clipped and yes because I clipped I crashed. The B44 is notorious for having bad front A-arms ... and because you've decided to be condescending, I shall too. If you haven't had a problem with breaking any parts on your B44.1 then you obviously aren't trying to drive it.

Point of my post is that from my experience, AE quality isn't up there as previously mentioned. Something that has broken my AEs could be survived by others.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I hear a lot of negative things about the SC10 4X4, but I dont think that is not gonna stop me from buying one when the time comes. Some might call me a fanboy, but I am ok with that. I am a huge fan of AE just as some are big fans of Traxxas. It is what keeps the hobby going. AE is getting there butts handed to them in some classes, it just means they need to step their game up, and I believe they will.
Good luck, the SC10 4x4 is now showing as a discontinued model on their site. The only 4wd SCT they still make is the Prolite 4x4.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RomanCandles
Does the RC*.2e still win any races?
Good drivers win regardless of the car they drive at the club level. The 8.2 is a good car. It's light and fast. If it weren't competitive, the Ryans would've never would've won, let alone made A-mains at the level they race.

If it's not breaking and in good shape, run it and don't let the flavor of the month club tell you what's good or not. AE has great setup support so you'll be able to find what you need to get it tuned well and that's worth more than alloy bling parts.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
AE is like FORD
Factory Ordered Rawhide Donation

Not like Ford at all IMO
Old 08-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pbfffft. AE is still awesome. The 1/10 scales especially. I don't understand the breakage issues at all. I get into trouble with my SC10 and B4 all the time, no breakage. They respond well to setup changes. Parts are easy to get and not expensive. I bunch of guys at my local track went Losi from AE SCTs but none of them dominate with them. Fast guys are still fast no matter the brand. They still have to drive it.

When you are on top, everyone takes a shot at you.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I used to be an AE fan boy, but then I owned an sc10 4x4. Then after that I tried a durango buggy.

I am no longer an AE fan boy.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

I sure hope we will make a comeback in the 1/8 buggy class. They seem light years away from their glory years.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Still a strong 1/10th following and winning races.
In speaking about the 2w mod class, this is very true....when the race happens/ed to be at one of "the Ryan's" home tracks.

Take out the WCRC Nats, Cavalieri's home track at the time, and AE hasn't seen a ROAR Nats. victory since, what, 2008-9? Not reigning WC, not reigning ROAR champ, not reigning Cactus champ, not reigning .... This isn't to bash AE; I consider myself a fan.

There has proven to only be a very small handful of racers who can compete for the top spot on a consistent basis. This balance ebbs and flows between the top teams. More recently the balance has not been in AE's favor. It may be time to open the purse strings and get the younger travelling team members more seasoning or go after one of said limited number of ultra-elite drivers.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RomanCandles
I sure hope we will make a comeback in the 1/8 buggy class. They seem light years away from their glory years.
I could pick up a stock RC8.2 nitro or electric and easily make the A Main at my track and it has plenty of sponsored guys at it.

Last weekend a RC8.2 finished near the top in electric and nitro in New York I believe. I believe Adam won and Reno was second. Gunner did very well there and at the Mugen Challenge was near the top. The buggy is very capable in the right hands with a good set-up. We have more than 6 running here both nitro and electric.

Gunnar is very good with the AE stuff. As is Brandon Melton. Brandon is on here and Gunnar's dad is on here. They just don't post much. But very helpful.

TLR, Mugen, AE and Team C are the most popular here. The odd kyosho or XRAy or HB or Caster as well.

I look forward to their next offering.

The Mugen is a great buggy. You would not regret it. I raced one for a very long time. There are new parts coming around the worlds. 16mm shocks and Universals to start.

I raced AE for a long time. The B3 broke when you clipped a pipe and then they updated the part and it was solid. AE is a great platform. My Losi was great as well. I also raced the Traxxas shoe car and schumacher.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
I could pick up a stock RC8.2 nitro or electric and easily make the A Main at my track and it has plenty of sponsored guys at it.

Last weekend a RC8.2 finished near the top in electric and nitro in New York I believe. I believe Adam won and Reno was second. Gunner did very well there and at the Mugen Challenge was near the top. The buggy is very capable in the right hands with a good set-up. We have more than 6 running here both nitro and electric.

Gunnar is very good with the AE stuff. As is Brandon Melton. Brandon is on here and Gunnar's dad is on here. They just don't post much. But very helpful.

TLR, Mugen, AE and Team C are the most popular here. The odd kyosho or XRAy or HB or Caster as well.

I look forward to their next offering.

The Mugen is a great buggy. You would not regret it. I raced one for a very long time. There are new parts coming around the worlds. 16mm shocks and Universals to start.

I raced AE for a long time. The B3 broke when you clipped a pipe and then they updated the part and it was solid. AE is a great platform. My Losi was great as well. I also raced the Traxxas shoe car and schumacher.

I hope Mugen does come out with the 16mm shocks . The stock ones don't seem to soak up rough stuff the best . Not to mention the buggy may jump even better and more constant .
Old 08-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE is still a world leader in Rc Design and innovation. Many of the concepts and ideas have been adapted and used by its competitors. They dont try and reinvent the wheel by having a "new" car every few years, hence why the span between the B4 and B5.

I agree with the above comment, I think in the right hands any car is capable of winning a major race. I don't think one brand is superior over another. I think the past 20plus world victories speak for themselves. Ive driven many other cars, but I've had AE since day 1. Call me fan boi or whatever, I'll always be an AE supporter.

Momo
Old 08-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

God to know they still have wins in the 1/8 ebuggy class. I rarely see people race them. It all seems like mugen, xray, HB , serpant and kyosho. I've only seen 1 rc8.2e competing.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

come and race here and you won't feel alone because there will be at least 3-4. LOL!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MOmo
AE is still a world leader in Rc Design and innovation. Many of the concepts and ideas have been adapted and used by its competitors. They dont try and reinvent the wheel by having a "new" car every few years...
That may be true of their 1/10 offroad, but since the TC5, AE just follows the trends in the TC market (the TC designers really seem to copy each other).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.