Wiki Posts
Search

17.5T for Cactus next year

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
It's still just a stock motor. There is no rule that says you can't replace the bearings with abec7s... dyno, certify, reshim for max performance, etc... all you are doing is paying somebody else for doing the "tune" on the motor. It's still the same $85 motor, just with work done to it.
Isnt it supposed to be "stock" like as in dont touch it? Eh i dont car. I'm having a very special $350 motor built by an un-named source, yes you read that right, $350 for a "stock" motor! Silver windings with a copper dip so even if it's taken apart, you'd have to cut a wind to reveal the silver wire used. Also using Abec 7 bearings oh and i forgot to mention it's gonna be a 13.5 in a 17.5 can they dont tech. Infact the only race i EVER heard of stripping down motors (in the brushless era) was the HRH shootout and that was an anomaly. Lastly as if that wasnt enough, i have a friend that cracked the code on a certain (cant say which) manufacturers esc, i will be running quite a bit of timing, oh and yes it will not only have its LED blinking, but if they make me plug it into a program card, it will read the proper parameters, even when trying to change them because on the actual esc they'll be locked Why am I telling anyone much less a public forum? Because there's a lot of talk but nobody is doing a damn thing to clean up "stock" racing. So i'm not gonna try to be legal and keep up with the cheaters and I'm not gonna try to keep up with the lastest cheaters tricks by using the same tricks, I'm going out on the forefront and doing what necessary to get ahead. Is a $350 motor ludicrous, yep sure is, but I'm doing this to prove a point and not to just try to get ahead. Cant wait to get this motor. Saving it for Cactus (my first one!!!). Oh and anyone who feels like protesting, go ahead, it wont matter, because I'll insist that if they take my motor apart then EVERY SINGLE motor in stock and superstock are also subjected to the same scrutiny as my motor as i'm entitled to. Do u think they're gonna open up every 17.5 and 13.5 and start cutting (to look at the wire content) and counting winds for all of those? See ya guys in March!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Isnt it supposed to be "stock" like as in dont touch it? Eh i dont car. I'm having a very special $350 motor built by an un-named source, yes you read that right, $350 for a "stock" motor! Silver windings with a copper dip so even if it's taken apart, you'd have to cut a wind to reveal the silver wire used. Also using Abec 7 bearings oh and i forgot to mention it's gonna be a 13.5 in a 17.5 can they dont tech. Infact the only race i EVER heard of stripping down motors (in the brushless era) was the HRH shootout and that was an anomaly. Lastly as if that wasnt enough, i have a friend that cracked the code on a certain (cant say which) manufacturers esc, i will be running quite a bit of timing, oh and yes it will not only have its LED blinking, but if they make me plug it into a program card, it will read the proper parameters, even when trying to change them because on the actual esc they'll be locked Why am I telling anyone much less a public forum? Because there's a lot of talk but nobody is doing a damn thing to clean up "stock" racing. So i'm not gonna try to be legal and keep up with the cheaters and I'm not gonna try to keep up with the lastest cheaters tricks by using the same tricks, I'm going out on the forefront and doing what necessary to get ahead. Is a $350 motor ludicrous, yep sure is, but I'm doing this to prove a point and not to just try to get ahead. Cant wait to get this motor. Saving it for Cactus (my first one!!!). Oh and anyone who feels like protesting, go ahead, it wont matter, because I'll insist that if they take my motor apart then EVERY SINGLE motor in stock and superstock are also subjected to the same scrutiny as my motor as i'm entitled to. Do u think they're gonna open up every 17.5 and 13.5 and start cutting (to look at the wire content) and counting winds for all of those? See ya guys in March!!!
Well, sir I wish you the best in your endeavor. However, as a police officer, I hold myself to a much higher standard, it's called integrity and honor and I'll leave it at that. Teufel Racing and NirtoLuver, thanks again for your insight gents. You guys have convinced me to run super stock and yes, I will run my "vintage" Kcars. I guess its a good thing i have a ton of spare parts for both rides. Heck, dont be surprised if I show up with my 1985 RC10 gold pan. lol. I no kidding either. Oh, BTW I called the hobby shop yesterday and the gent that answered the phone said the race is march 9th-15th. Let's do this homies.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joel45acp
Well, sir I wish you the best in your endeavor. However, as a police officer, I hold myself to a much higher standard, it's called integrity and honor and I'll leave it at that. Teufel Racing and NirtoLuver, thanks again for your insight gents. You guys have convinced me to run super stock and yes, I will run my "vintage" Kcars. I guess its a good thing i have a ton of spare parts for both rides. Heck, dont be surprised if I show up with my 1985 RC10 gold pan. lol. I no kidding either. Oh, BTW I called the hobby shop yesterday and the gent that answered the phone said the race is march 9th-15th. Let's do this homies.
March 9-15?

Yup same week as the ASU Spring Break which is Mar. 8-15. Just as stated by Adam from SRS. SO now guys can start their planning if they need to. Should be a good time.

Only thing I haven't got a good lock on yet is tires for the new place. Which hopefully that info will become available as the event gets closer. I got a pretty wide selection given to me that is rumored to work well, but I don't they had run a whole lot on the new track at the time I got it. Either way I'm looking to have some fun and enjoy the event.

Glad the info I had helped you out. I'll have to see if I can find ya there and say hello.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

It'll be easy to spot me homie, just look for the dude running the old cars. Bam! Is the new place indoors or outdoors? What tire selection are you talking bout? Share homie, share.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Old 09-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

It'll be easy to spot me homie, just look for the dude running the old cars. Bam! Is the new place indoors or outdoors? What tire selection are you talking bout? Share homie, share.
Pm coming
Old 09-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
March 9-15?

Yup same week as the ASU Spring Break which is Mar. 8-15. Just as stated by Adam from SRS. SO now guys can start their planning if they need to. Should be a good time.

Only thing I haven't got a good lock on yet is tires for the new place. Which hopefully that info will become available as the event gets closer. I got a pretty wide selection given to me that is rumored to work well, but I don't they had run a whole lot on the new track at the time I got it. Either way I'm looking to have some fun and enjoy the event.

Glad the info I had helped you out. I'll have to see if I can find ya there and say hello.
Make sure any reservations you make are refundable.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

March 9-15?

most everyone has been running clay slicks. Some guys use JC blue compound slicks. One set of tires will last you all cactus and then some. This track puts almost no wear on tires.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
most everyone has been running clay slicks. Some guys use JC blue compound slicks. One set of tires will last you all cactus and then some. This track puts almost no wear on tires.
Clay panther slicks, or home made slicks? Wonder what the track will do once 400 cars hit it all day long for almost a week? Slicks are fine by me, but I'd be hoping that some typos or ions work just as good. Full slicks can be very edgy felling
Old 09-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Make sure any reservations you make are refundable.
Why for?
I probably won't make any reservations until I know I have the time off, but unless they plan to change the dates, I don't know where you're thought is going?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Clay panther slicks, or home made slicks? Wonder what the track will do once 400 cars hit it all day long for almost a week? Slicks are fine by me, but I'd be hoping that some typos or ions work just as good. Full slicks can be very edgy felling
Home made slicks from aka clay tires are good. Also the new JC slick is good
Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Prophet

I didnt think the homemade slicks made my car edgy. The traction is everywhere. Not just a thin line like blue groove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Wildcat, I take it you race here often?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Wildcat, I take it you race here often?
Every Sunday