Which of these 1/8 buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which of these 1/8 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would consider the serpent cobra 2.0. The side by side batteries allow for more even weight distribution and a lower center of gravity.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good choice on the TLR. I absolutely love mine, it hAs been a greAt buggy for me. Got 2nd the other night in the A main. There were 20 E buggies out and some stiff competition. I got compliments all night on how good my car looked on the track. It's really easy to make work on any track, that's what I like about it. Parts availability is nice too!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
If you want a car with constantly back ordered parts buy the Durango. Go with either Tekno, or a car you will never need spares for unless you cannot drive a 8th scale buggy, like the XB9E, or XB8E.

Love my Durangos.. but I hate having to get parts for them. Some items take 6 - 8 weeks to get, so you need to stock up or look online at the chop shops. I have become an expert at bending back drive shafts.

Not getting rid of them but plan to get a pair of Teknos over the next few months to have in the stable as well largely because of the parts support issues.

Funny thing is I dove into Durango over Serpent at the time because I thought parts would be easier. I really do like the saddle pack layout.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good choice going with the Losi. I just recently purchase the 3.0 e with Tekin set up but have yet to run it. Having upgraded from my 2.0 which I had two great seasons with, I have no doubt you and I will be pleased with the 3.0!!