Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated receiver and JR XR2i Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Associated receiver and JR XR2i Radio

I'm trying to get an RC18T to work with my JR XR2i 27MHz radio, with a Mamba system, Aitronics servo, and Associated micro 27MHz receiver. Both receiver and radio are 2 channel.

I get no response when using the Associated receiver. No steering, nothing. I took the R125 receiver from my XXX-T and tried the steering and speed control in it. I got full response from everything. Does anyone know why the Associated receiver does not work period, with my radio?

I know at this point, it has nothing to do with the battery power, since it works fine with the r125 receiver. The servo, ESC, and motor all work fine too. This is proven by working with the r125 receiver. I have not tested the receiver in my Losi yet. I guess I could do that. Everything points back to the Associated receiver. Could it be the wiring on the devices? Do I need to change them? I cannot find a manual for this receiver so I do not know what to do at this point.

Thanks for any help provided.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Won't work, you need a Jr 27mhz recieveror a AE 27mhz transmitter
Old 09-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are they on different frequencies?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

I figured out what's going on. There are some companies that are compatible with other manufacturers and others that are not so compatible. JR is is one of the not so compatible ones.

In my search for more wisdom I have discovered that there is a negative shift and a positive shift in radio frequencies for the same band. For instance, JR uses a positive shift, where as most others use a negative shift. It doesn't matter if all parts are the same 27MHz or 75MHz band. If one part has a positive shift and the other has a negative shift, then they simply won't communicate. The AE receiver is made by Hitec which uses a negative shift on the 27MHz band, while the JR radio also uses 27MHz, but on a positive shift. The two devices will never communicate, because they are on opposite sides of the 27MHz band. That is my problem. The Airtronics receivers use the same positive shift that JR equipment uses, so they are compatible. Hitec and Futaba use the negative shift and therefore will not work with JR equipment.

Here's some information to back it up.
http://www.dubairchobbies.org/know_y...m_complete.htm

I think more manufactures are going to a dual shift now. That way their equipment will work with just about anything else on the market. I don't know why they are waiting until now.

Now you have the knowledge