Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Should I wait for VBC Firebolt or buy DEX210V2 now? >

Should I wait for VBC Firebolt or buy DEX210V2 now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I wait for VBC Firebolt or buy DEX210V2 now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Should I wait for VBC Firebolt or buy DEX210V2 now?

Hey all

In a bit of a pickle. Wanting to get an off roader for a bit of fun. Not a serious racer. If anything I'm more in the hobby for building/maintaining the cars rather than the actual racing!

Firebolt DM is out, but not yet at my LHS. Should be soon though. Or I can get a DEX210V2? If the Firebolt wasn't on it's way I would probably have shot for the Durango already.

So ... wait for the VBC or go buy the Durango? Should mention that I already have a VBC Wildfire D06 and love the build quality on it!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Ive had just about every buggy ever lol. And I think the firebolt looks the part for sure. I know its 100% unknown but lookin at the manual its legit. Mid motor only though. But thats ok for me.

If i were pickin, Id wait. But I know waitin is hard lol
Old 08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mid motor should be fine where I want to go. I've not been to the place myself but I've been told its fairly high traction indoor clay.

Would really like to see a review of the Firebolt kit though and see what it comes with e.g. does it have coated shock shafts and pins? And also there's no aftermarket bits for it at all (apart from springs) so no extra bling yet.

Will need shorty lipos too as manual suggests Firebolt is short or square pack only.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Mid motor should be fine where I want to go. I've not been to the place myself but I've been told its fairly high traction indoor clay.

Would really like to see a review of the Firebolt kit though and see what it comes with e.g. does it have coated shock shafts and pins? And also there's no aftermarket bits for it at all (apart from springs) so no extra bling yet.

Will need shorty lipos too as manual suggests Firebolt is short or square pack only.
Lookin at the manual shows a lot of bling in the box really. Lots of carbon fiber an aluminum, I cant wait!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Between the two, I would go with the Firebolt. If there anything like there onroad cars, it will be awesome.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Good things come to those who wait.....The VBC looks pretty legit.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

VBC quality will blow Durango out of the water, I had a chassis conversion for my Xray and the workmanship and carbon quality is top notch
Old 08-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Oh please...
Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The fan mount on the firebolt is reason enough to buy it over the 210. lol.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
Oh please...
I have owned two Durango vehicles, a DEX210 and DESC210 and they are not very high quality in the plastic department.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Hey all

In a bit of a pickle. Wanting to get an off roader for a bit of fun. Not a serious racer. If anything I'm more in the hobby for building/maintaining the cars rather than the actual racing!

Firebolt DM is out, but not yet at my LHS. Should be soon though. Or I can get a DEX210V2? If the Firebolt wasn't on it's way I would probably have shot for the Durango already.

So ... wait for the VBC or go buy the Durango? Should mention that I already have a VBC Wildfire D06 and love the build quality on it!
Go for the Firebolt. If you can't wait until it is released, get a Kyosho, Yokomo, Serpent or even AE or TLR car. Durangos keep failing the most of all cars in our regional series, even TeamC's trucks and buggies have become more durable. Although the Durango is a really well designed car, the quality of the plastics and sometimes of the manufacture lets it down. If you can't drive like Jörn Neumann, you will not enjoy this car due to frequent DNFs after crashing.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
I have owned two Durango vehicles, a DEX210 and DESC210 and they are not very high quality in the plastic department.
Agreed durangos not that great. Had couple dex 210, and a SC truck. The buggy was fine (overengineered but tough and heavy) but the truck was s#$% in durability. Plastics always stripped. VBC I hear is xray level so that should be nice. Of cars I owned, I would rank
xray>kyosho-yokomo>schumacher-losi-dingo>ae in plastics hehe. Anyways back to topic when can we see some stateside?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys. A little surprised by the replies as most things I've read about the Durangos is that they build fairly well and do perform. If I was going to get the DEX210v2, I'd probably upgrade a lot of the parts to aluminium anyways.

I think the decision is made ... Firebolt DM it is. I have enough things going on to keep me busy in the mean time.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Anyways back to topic when can we see some stateside?
Originally Posted by Team VBC Racing
Here's a update for the VBC Firebolt. If everything goes according to plan the cars and parts will be here ready to ship by the end of next week! 08/080/2014

If you would like one from the limited first batch please have your local shop send us a email with your order. Remember this is first come first serve so get you pre-order in now! If you don't have a local hobby shop you can email us directly.

Thanks for you support!

VBC Racing USA

[email protected] __________________
Dave Ehrlich
Team Manager
VBCracingusa.com
North & South America
Canada
Knock on wood!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies guys. A little surprised by the replies as most things I've read about the Durangos is that they build fairly well and do perform. If I was going to get the DEX210v2, I'd probably upgrade a lot of the parts to aluminium anyways.

I think the decision is made ... Firebolt DM it is. I have enough things going on to keep me busy in the mean time.
Having run the V2 I can tell you the only problem with plastics on it was there were none available. Too much stuff back ordered (arms until September). The quality is miles better then then V1. You just can't fix it if it breaks. Went to AE just because I can find parts everywhere, but it is nowhere as good as the Dingo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.