R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
what's your background picture ?
Ah, the asian babes... i love pink everywhere!

It's a teasing from a SAB Goblin 380 3D Heli clone.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #32
Tech Master

seems legit !

let's make it dirty ... with the truggy !
werner sline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #33
Tech Master

Some antivibration pads on the booton of the ESC:

I had to put LVC on 22.4v cause the ESC won't work with motor with higher voltage selected. Seen some youtube videos were people think ESC where bad...but no, we just need to selecet the right LVC voltage it says on the help screen!

-Look at the help tab!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-Was having this problem. Not anymore!

-Poor diff's, i already feel their pain! She's ready! I tested it already and the motor is something...way to much torque, way!! Jesus! lol That in the shown kitty little pinion on pic...same size as spur
No joke!

Ripping diff's before 2016?? :P
Old 01-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #34
Tech Master

Ok, first problem out of many... I know it will have more... but i am here to solve it! lol

Since i bought it second hand the first times by hand i noticed a click somewhere. Investigated and it was from the front diff pinion...a coule of shims and problem solved... well ...it last 2 packs!!

So for the wait of the crown to come, i do the right things...

-New pin on the front CVD.

I have spare pinions for the crown of the diff...

-The crown seems to have still good teeth! I will use it.

-Can't say the same thing to the pinion. Remove and install the new one. Done, forget the old one.

Another pack....
Another failure...
At least i am makin the lipos "break in", lol

This time the center diff... is way loose... started to spin like crazy and car won't go!!
Time to remove and check!
Meanwhile, since removing, i put a new pin on the rear cvd to!

-Done! New Pins on the center CVD's.

Now the center diff...

-Oh ohoh! Black and iron flakes...

-It was the cup where the pins sit, that was all rotten, smelled like burn up plastic, and the 4 gears inside the pins are wasted....

I checked the center diff when i bought it new... put nw oil and forget the stuff as it was looking good and fine! Now on use, makes this... i wonder why... last time i checked the center CVD's they were very hot, and i tohught i have the pinion to tight to spur...but no... rather i saw the rear center CVD almost rubbing on the rear brace... so i cut a little of the rear brace to not hit the rear center CVD. Let's hope it was that....

Now a little help...what can i do to improve the new cup that is coming? I can find an alloy one but it's rare and expensive...maybe i get away fine without the bind and heating up? I saw somewhere Mr.T having metal walls for the pin's, but that require a Losi cup, right? It won't fit on Mugen?

I know this was bought second hand and requires atention to parts. Not crying about that or the power it have. Man, it really rocks like a hurricane, the sound motor makes is absolutly radical, and i am using EPA on throttle at 60% this stage of testings!

Ah, one lipo of those goes for around 15/17 minutes. Best option for LCG like stock eletronics. When going mad speeds it will be maybe 7 minutes... good for low temps! lol
ESC seens good but she needs to be well "lubricated" on the software to work like any Castle out of the box!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-08-2016 at 05:08 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The Losi 8ight center diff fits in a Mugen you just have to shim the center shaft to the center 2mm. You also have to shim the diff into the center case. So a Losi HD diff with metal inserts might be the route you want to go.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
The Losi 8ight center diff fits in a Mugen you just have to shim the center shaft to the center 2mm. You also have to shim the diff into the center case. So a Losi HD diff with metal inserts might be the route you want to go.
Ok, and how do i shim the center shaft to the center 2mm? I think i might not understand that... can explain better or with pictures?

I also made a video of it, like it is now... still need a lot of "care" but it's a runner!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #37
Tech Master

crazy! that motor is so big !
werner sline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
Tech Master

-Time for front tires fishline! :P

-Also changed the solo bullet's to EC8's. Much safer then solo bullets...that can havoc shorting on each other...i think that's one of the major things that happen on "burned" houses cause of the rc lipos..... SAFEty above all!
-Also wired a 35V capacitor to the ESC plugs.

And now i am going to ask my wife for the balance.... :P

-6.3kg.

Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-14-2016 at 02:51 PM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
Ok, and how do i shim the center shaft to the center 2mm? I think i might not understand that... can explain better or with pictures?

I also made a video of it, like it is now... still need a lot of "care" but it's a runner!!
Its simple. Put a 2mm washer between the center shafts and the gearbox on the pinions.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #40
Tech Rookie

Awesome build! I was wondering, what kind of wheels and tires are those?
Thanks!
Siopao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:55 AM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siopao View Post
Awesome build! I was wondering, what kind of wheels and tires are those?
Thanks!
Absima Rally 1/8 = 2520050
150mm diameter
77mm witdh

Unfortonatly not produced anymore! They need to be glued since factory glue is "water" and need fishline trick for speed's! :P

http://www.rcparts.eu/absima-2520050...ims-2-pcs.html
Old 01-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #42
Tech Master

Old 01-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #43
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
Absima Rally 1/8 = 2520050
150mm diameter
77mm witdh

Unfortonatly not produced anymore! They need to be glued since factory glue is "water" and need fishline trick for speed's! :P
Darn ok. Thanks anyway!
Siopao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:17 AM   #44
Tech Master

Was conecting the Toro200a esc to pc to switch the aceleration punch 2 settings (all fine in there), but when checked the LOG tab, but it's a no go... it even crash the program!

There is no update. either...unfortonatly...but since it works..i don't care about the log data system! Could be usefull for sure...but no go! Just gives me random number and lines... no conection or understanding at all!

It doesn't give "english" and crash when clicking on any tab reading it!
On the normal tabs to select whatever brakes or throttle/LVC's it works fine! They need to copy better the "cremations" script's! lol and update their firmware from 1.08 to the actual 2.08. This ESC only works on 1.08 software as described in a addenum somewhere in their website!

Maybe sending them an e-mail will solve something... they usually answer...saying and engineer is taking care of your question and soon will deliver... well never!

Send an e-mail to them, to make a new firmware and a software free of bugs and crash's on the log tab display and in english, not drawing's with no sense..... :P

For the Sweep Racing tires, it worked... they already are puting the tires size on their website... it's just retareded an website selling stuff and not show the sizes in mm's or cm...of the things... just say it's 12mm hex or 17mm... alright i go buy another brand that tells me the size! :P
Old 01-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Your boddyshell is very cool! Pro work.

I'm looking at truggy wheels now for my car...where the grp's best for speed??
Anthonytoyo is offline   Reply With Quote