Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Xray XB8E thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Does anyone know who makes the cooling fan/mount on the motor in some of the release pics?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stormer has the kit listed (Pre Order) for $589.00

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=XRA350152
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mullet1
We need a definate list of parts that are different from the XB8.

Crown gears and input gears say they are different 40 and 46, 12 and 14 but the pic for the inputs on 8e show 12 teeth.

I've got 2 full kits for the xb8 (one is electric). I'd like to be able to buy the chassis and that's it. I guess I can use the xb8 stuff and get the newer xb8e stuff as the other wears out.
The drivetrain and suspension should match the XB8'14 nitro. Diffs, ratios(46T/14T), shafts, etc. are the same. The front and rear clips could be swapped directly.

The XB8E has a unique chassis plate with only the electric mounting holes, #351109. I also believe they have kept the relief under the spur gear sealed. That is why the motor mount was revised; to add clearance under the spur.

The taller mount requires the taller 354011 center diff mount, or using a shim under the stock nitro mount if you are trying to convert a nitro kit. Anyone using the 358784 mount would already have this taller mount.

The side guard are new, molded without the stiffener on the left side plate.

The battery tray, servo mount and RX box should be the same items as the XB9E, so I believe those could be transferred to the new chassis plate as well.

- Bryan
Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobf24
Does anyone know who makes the cooling fan/mount on the motor in some of the release pics?
Seems like an LRP fan, it is mounted on an LRP motor.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I was pretty set on getting the Tekno EB48.2, but I love Xray so this definitely got my attention. For those in the know, how is this new buggy comparing on paper? I expect same superb Xray parts fit and finish as well as durability.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bobf24
This fan fits a tekin Perfect

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-ya...?cPath=1560_32
Old 08-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

well i hope the servo saver has a new design because in the xb9e it sucked, when i was turning full the steering of my xb9e the wheel that was inside of the corner was dancig and looking at others buggys they dont do that.
Sure i get it, this or the new soar!!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by patxeik
well i hope the servo saver has a new design because in the xb9e it sucked, when i was turning full the steering of my xb9e the wheel that was inside of the corner was dancig and looking at others buggys they dont do that.
You just need to tighten it up more but yes it has been a new servo saver since the XB8 nitro came out. Never had an issue even back to 808
Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

The front and rear end of the new XB8E is the same as the XB8 nitro version.

We've been running both since April without issues at all

Bent
Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

I guess i'll be getting the XB8E body and maybe the chassis plate to update my converted XB8.

I agree with BentKa, the car performs great, just like the nitro one.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chirivita
I guess i'll be getting the XB8E body and maybe the chassis plate to update my converted XB8.

I agree with BentKa, the car performs great, just like the nitro one.
Ya no eres del team durango chirivita?
Ya se quien me va a pasar unos cuantos setups jejejje
Old 08-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ps71
That ones really expensive and elaborate though, I just want something simple like what's on the release pics, but can't find one like that for sale anywhere
Old 08-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So as they have already shipped out from XRAY, the Australian stock wont arrive till mid September, So who is going to have a good deal and stock in the first shipment that does ship to Australia ????

I see stormer hobbies has them listed but no ETA

I think there is a few very anxious xray fans hanging out for this ride.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Not the servo saver. LOLz.

The inner steering tie rod is being pulled too straight with the hub carrier arm. Then it looses the ability to properly locate the inner wheel if they're both in line. And the inner wheel wobbles back and forth.

On an AE B44, this can be so bad the tie rod can overtravel and lock up the steering. Hold your suspension arms level, and you can replicate it on the bench.

Using the forward ackerman holes may fix that. And the Xb8 obviously has different carriers, with maybe longer arms, that may also fix this.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Not the servo saver. LOLz.

The inner steering tie rod is being pulled too straight with the hub carrier arm. Then it looses the ability to properly locate the inner wheel if they're both in line. And the inner wheel wobbles back and forth.

On an AE B44, this can be so bad the tie rod can overtravel and lock up the steering. Hold your suspension arms level, and you can replicate it on the bench.

Using the forward ackerman holes may fix that. And the Xb8 obviously has different carriers, with maybe longer arms, that may also fix this.
This is not an issue on the XB8

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.