Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help picking a car - RTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help picking a car - RTR

My RC10 recently took a good bit of damage and parts broke, so they're on order now.

It's an older car (15yrs+) and I'd like something to take with me in my car (batteries charged of course) and kill some time.

I was told by someone to get either the Traxxas Rustler or the SC10 RTR.

I don't want go all crazy and spend a small fortune.

The SC10 RTR comes with everything, including the speed controller and motor. I then read, the Rustler has some plastic components whereas the SC10 has aluminum - like the shocks.

Is it also true that Traxxas components are more expensive? (part of what I read).

I drive mainly on the road and some dirt, since I live on the outskirts of the city.
But would probably hit some grassy areas as well.

So basically a basher call as they call them today.

I was leaning towards the Associated B8, but I don't have a LiPo charger and don't think I want to get into LiPos just yet.

Any help would be great, I need a little something to take my mind of losing someone very close to me recently.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

For bashing on the street and/or a dirt road, it doesn't really matter, they will both do equally well. The SC10 is certainly more of a race truck, but unless you go smashing it face first into a wall or something, will hold up just fine.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, after going to the store, I think I'm going towards a rally car, more specifically, the Associated Pro Rally which is based off the Prolite series.
Seems like the right fit for me, can handle road no problem and dirt as well.