Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

STADIUM TRUCK FOREVER!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also to add in I have seen mixed open races and just track practice short course trucks run laps on stadium an truggies. All depends on the man behind the stick.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Stadium truck 100%, handle better on the ground and in the air, and they don't cost you a new body every month.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ck_32
Also to add in I have seen mixed open races and just track practice short course trucks run laps on stadium an truggies. All depends on the man behind the stick.
I have both and am defiantly faster with the ST and its more fun to drive.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah
Stadium truck 100%, handle better on the ground and in the air, and they don't cost you a new body every month.
True Dat!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

when the t5 comes out I will def be getting a st!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that's a hard choice for me, I love both. around here, 2wd SCT is some of the cleanest racing done, at least in the A main. with the number of tracks in my area, it's a lot of the same guys between them and we've all developed a good racing relationship in the pits and on the track.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

2WD SCT all the way!

Racing was more fun when buggies had bumpers and were too slow to break. SCT takes me back there. It's just a plain fun class, that no one really cares about winning or losing. It's also a safe place for newer racers.

Durability of my SC10 has been far better than my B4 buggy. Bumpers and a giant pillow for a body.

SCT's seem to work better on bumpy blown out tracks as well. 2wd buggy and truck aren't a ton of fun outdoors, where I've been going.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah
If the quality of racing resulted in a new body every month I would quit the class at that track.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There are a lot of good points here. The nostalgic part of me misses stadium trucks and how fun they are to race. However, short course trucks are so much more realistic that it makes sense to have a class for less serious racers. Perhaps if short course trucks didn't drive like dump trucks and jump like kites, I could consider committing to sc.

Maybe there is enough support for both classes. Maybe make short course more of a novice or sportsman class... I'm starting to think companies should make simple conversions from stadium to short course trucks so racers can move to st after getting more serious about racing.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
2WD SCT all the way!

Racing was more fun when buggies had bumpers and were too slow to break. SCT takes me back there. It's just a plain fun class, that no one really cares about winning or losing. It's also a safe place for newer racers.

Durability of my SC10 has been far better than my B4 buggy. Bumpers and a giant pillow for a body.

SCT's seem to work better on bumpy blown out tracks as well. 2wd buggy and truck aren't a ton of fun outdoors, where I've been going.
Zero, ST has been picking up over SCT because they are more fun outdoors, kind of the opposite experience that you've had. Parachuting, and thus having to single single single the triple and getting blown all over the track from the wind gets old after a while.

Hybrid 10th/8th scale tracks seem to generate huge ST classes due to the big air I figure.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Im a monster truck fan the whole way. But i do love my sct. Absolutly hated my traxxas rustler 2.5 the electric st are prety sweet tho.buddy of mine has 2 st turned sct but he cant touch my associated sc10. Then again he hasnt dumped over 400$ into his either.
Im prety unbiased when it comes to the hobby and have to say the st is a fast and verry well handleing rc where as the sct is verry nice handling but not as fast way more realistic.
Just curiouse why some of you guys need a new body monthly? lol i havnt even cracked either of mine and iv had some full speed wrecks around 45mph. Matter of fact i havnt "had" to replace any parts due to wrecks flips ect.

Rambled on my first post here sorry lol.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

I have both and do enjoy both, but I do prefer my Stadium Truck. My SCT is great fun when the practice sessions get Mad-Max-like out there on a busy track day.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Nitro stadium truck!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Nitro stadium truck!
I have a RC10GT for sale if anyone's interested

Never raced, only ran 7 tanks including break in. Been replaced by my new SCTE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.