I'm looking to do the said conversion for my GT.
I run it on extremely tight tracks, which are more suited to electirc vehicles, and I could really use the extra torque and traction 4 stroke are known for (at least that's what I know, coming from dirtbikes).
I've read the posts made here by mxtech and others (mxtech, you got the skills man.. custom Ti valves?
). I've yet to see anyone performing a full conversion for a stadium truck.
I've read the 10 pages thread on the subject, and got some nice idea about transplanting the .30 piston, sleeve and ring, as well as other stuff.
So the main questions are:
1) What can I do in order to move the carb from its original position in the FS series? In the .26, it sticks out of the side of the truck, which is of course unacceptable for an off-road vehicle...
Can I use the carb from the FS40? Is it a direct fit and won't rob me of power? It has a 90 degree intake manifold which runs the carb alongside the head, vertically.
2) Would I need any changes for the clutch/flywheel assembly?
3) Is there any problem fitting the engine, physically, to the GT, other than the carb placement? I've seen people fit it to the NTC, and it's much more cramped in there than in the GT.
4) What pipe/manifold should I run for max performance?
5) Do I need any other hardware, such as a fuel pump?
I rather use off the shelf components as I don't feel I have enough knowledge for fabrication...
If anyone could supply me links for such projects, I'd be extremely happy
Thanks for any help.