Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem With Steering Servo

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Problem With Steering Servo

I have a RC10T4 FT Truck and I recently had to replace a piece on my steering rack, and ever since then my servo does not let me turn all the way to the right. It turns to the left with no problem. While on the track I notice sometimes my right turn is complete but most of the time its not. I tried adjusting the trim but no success. There is also a electrical buzzing sound sometimes from the servo when turned and stopped in position. Im not sure if made things to tight or loose when replacing parts, or servo is shot. Please help, thanks everyone
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pull the servo out and go through the steering rack and make sure its all free. When you rotate it look to see that nothing rubs or maybe needs a shim.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

As Hoese37 said pull the servo out and make sure nothing is binding the steering, also compress the shocks and see if the steering is still smooth.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lots of servos buzz, so that's not really a problem. What servo is it? Also, you might've just placed the servo horn on not centered. Center the horn before you install in car.