Search

Losi Mini-T setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Losi Mini-T setup

Well my birthday is coming up! So what I want is:

Team Losi Mini-T pro $125 including shipping
Mini-T battery and charger Team losi 6 cell 1200mAh battery w/ charger $27 shipped
Venom micro size 370 fireball motor for mini-T $15 shipped

All off ebay.com

I want this thing to go faster then stock. I heard putting in a battery pack increases speed by quite a bit. But, would this motor help any? It sounds faster then stock...but I dunno. I have been out of RC for a while. Like 4 years. I want somthing to play with until I get enough $ for a nitro car.

Thanks!

Ross
Old 08-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Hacker E30 will make it rock!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

So will a Baja, but I think he doesn't want to break the bank. With the right batteries, the Mini-T PRO motor does pretty good. Another speed increasing tip is to add ball bearings to the wheels. That will not only add speed, but it should tighten up the slack in the wheels. Lastly. get some good oil shocks. CRC has some good threaded aluminum ones, but everyone I've seen with them has the same problem, including me! The front shocks don't hold oil very well. Losi makes there own, but the CRC ones look a lot cooler, and the threaded bodies make adjustment's a breeze.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Wait, you already have the bearings with the PRO motor and the Losi shocks! Nevermind!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Suspended

or buy a rc18t that will be fast stock and comes with oil shocks and a rechargable battery
Old 08-26-2005, 02:54 PM

rc18t might be it...but minit is also good.they are both very good cars. if you want the car to be fast and not break the bank..get a mamba 6800 for $100 from www.b-p-p.com
Old 08-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

i own both the rc18t and the mini t pro, the rc18t is mostly aluminum with a mamba 6800, the mini t is all aluminum and carbon fiber with a 5400 mamba, and a 2 cell lipo, the stock rc18t is alot better for the people that are more enixpierenced because it dosent break as much, over all the rc18t is a better truck, but when the mini t is set up correctly, it can hang with the rc18t just fine on the track. it is hard to say which is better, but it sounds like you are goin to want an rc18t more thana mini t, because the mini t breaks every 2 \seconds unless you have it all aluminum, and you dont want to break the bank... and the rc18t is faster stock....... ps... dont get the fireball, it is called the "fire"ball for a reason................ the fireball set both me and my friends mini giants on fire................... it a horrible motor, and it is slow, get the raider or the baja or the beast raptor or something....