Search

Team Durango Open Source Parts :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
those look great! I'm assuming since they're a captured pin that the pin can only go in thru one side. I'd love those
The Spec R hexes are awesome. I love my tresrey hexes and have had trouble finding a second set (only have one pair). These have two set screws, one on each side so you can insert the pin from either side. The tolerancing is much better than the Exotek (mine didn't fit, apparently due to differences between V3 and V4)

Not a bad price either
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango Open Source Parts :D-spec-r-14mm-hexes.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klowne
Anyone interested in 12mm hex that fit the Durango axles?
What off set wheels do these then use? I'd love to run the new pre mounts that are coming out these days.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_dude
I could try that out. I see what you meant for the cut outs now, though I still don't see much of a point since you still have to take the same nut off to work on them, but I guess if people want them to mount seperatly they can lol
Thanks for the input

I'm really dreading starting school tomorrow...this is going to be a rough semester lol
OK Steve,

So I was able to FINALLY get out to the track as the weather decided to grace us with a superb small break in the weather and what a BLAST it was to be back on the stand.

Anyhow, My report on the front Shock protectors is as follows… They did really well until I took a spill. The second it landed on it's lid they sheered right off!! LOL The track was all grip, everywhere, all day long (first time in history!!!) but it was a bit soft for impacts so I expected the guards to hold up at least a little bit. Seems the material is just not ideal for the application. At least in this variety. Perhaps those round puck style ones are a better way to go. The rears are protected by the wing and I only went over 3 times yesterday and not very hard so they never contacted anything.

Hope you find this info useful.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Thanks for the input! I was very afraid the larger ones covering the tower would crack right off. The small round ones though still seem to be holding up for me somehow, not sure if its luck or if there a tight enough fit to distribute the impact to the caps.

Sad news I the 4wd buggy class in my area never fully caught on and everyone is selling there buggies. So, mine will be up for grabs soon...
Also sad news, my school work has been crazy this semester and I'm unable to race but once a month and my printer needs some work but no time to do anything
Old 09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Been there done that. I'm just turning in after a long day at werk, then a meeting with a buddy about shooting a Promo Vid for Hobbywing at the World's next week, then ran home to eat and help my son with his homework and then back on my computer to bang out a sticker sheet layout for a friend.

Now it's time to watch a few minutes of TV and catch up on E-mails and as always… My F1!!!

And this damn site is loading PAINFULLY SLOW on all handheld devices! Aaaaaah WTF??!?!? LOL

On another note, I am in need of a machinist who can cut a SMALL prototype part for me to remedy an inherent flaw in one of my buggies that failed the very first day out as I suspected!!!
Would love to have it done and delivered by this Friday so my buddy can run it at the Supercup, but it's so simple it's ridiculous.

Anyone who's up to the task, feel free to E-mail me at [email protected]
Old 09-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Been there done that. I'm just turning in after a long day at werk, then a meeting with a buddy about shooting a Promo Vid for Hobbywing at the World's next week, then ran home to eat and help my son with his homework and then back on my computer to bang out a sticker sheet layout for a friend.

Now it's time to watch a few minutes of TV and catch up on E-mails and as always… My F1!!!

And this damn site is loading PAINFULLY SLOW on all handheld devices! Aaaaaah WTF??!?!? LOL

On another note, I am in need of a machinist who can cut a SMALL prototype part for me to remedy an inherent flaw in one of my buggies that failed the very first day out as I suspected!!!
Would love to have it done and delivered by this Friday so my buddy can run it at the Supercup, but it's so simple it's ridiculous.

Anyone who's up to the task, feel free to E-mail me at [email protected]
sent you an email. I might be able to help you out!!!
just finished these!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by re-do73
sent you an email. I might be able to help you out!!!
just finished these!
What are those for?! Which car??
Old 09-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
What are those for?! Which car??
Sprint car conversion for the DEX210. The front block is for the kick-up. Delrin profiled to 25 deg.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

It is a no go on putting in a catch screw or set screw to hold the pin in. At this time I think it is fine the way with it works as no lost pins yet. We are going to look at possibly using a cotter pin instead of a solid pin. Not sure on that yet but looking into it.

As for the offset , they will work with any 12mm hex style rim. These are made to the exact replica of the kit 14 hex, just as a 12 hex instead. Hope that helps answer any questions.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Nice looking chassis re-do. Hope to be getting hands on one to start my conversion.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Nice looking chassis re-do. Hope to be getting hands on one to start my conversion.
They are in the mail!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome news to hear. I got one more donor vehicle to purchase and then it is time to get the monster created hehe. Or maybe a few more donor cars for more than one lol.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Awesome news to hear. I got one more donor vehicle to purchase and then it is time to get the monster created hehe. Or maybe a few more donor cars for more than one lol.
Save a donor car for a latemodel, making some updates on this over the weekend!!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

That's pretty cool.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

I have to push this up, because there where some realy nice ideas in this thread!

Lets start it again.....

Last edited by micholix; 01-02-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.