R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Exclamation losi 8ight t 1.0

HELP HELP HELP HELP I have a losi 8ight t 1.0 that I have converted to a Electric my issue is I can not keep the center diff from burning up I have a castle creations mamba max esc and 2650 motor I run a 4 cell lipo in it the diff gear is a 45 t I tried a 48 t but it would hit the chassis and wasn't turning so had to put the 45 t on there but it wont hold up I have tuned some things down haven't changed any diff gears out yet to see if that helped any I hate to waste another diff if its not fixed . I know the 8ight t 2.0 has a 50t center diff gear in them but I figured if the 48t hit the chassis then the 50 t would to iam also thinking that the gear on the motor is a 16 t or 17 t not so sure on that any help will do thanks in advance please help me
bkwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

So is it getting to hot, or is it more like its breaking apart?
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
Tech Adept

well it grind's and spins but it wont pull the truggy at all it worked fine for a little bit and then it done this. not the first time it has done this before I just got tired of messing with it and went back to my buggy I hate to put a new center diff on it and do the same thing like now as it is now those diff's are high it could be getting hot I have not tried to run it to day but will and get back to you
Old 05-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Have you shimmed the diff occasionally to maintain proper mesh? Checked the housing for wear or damage in the bearing support area?
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
Tech Adept

no I haven't Dave I am not to good at these things I can take a part off and replace it but other than that I am learning as I go. but it isn't getting hot I just tried it again and under its own weight it pulls and grinds like crazy and bud only at a 1/3 of power but if you pick it up the back wheels pull at full power and the front wheels don't pull at all the center diff turns for the back and front but the front wheels wont turn at all so I about to give up on and go back to my buggy
Old 05-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Dave I did check the center diff before I put it on it everything did fill tight and bearings felt good so I may take it off in a few and take the diff a part and see whats up with it
Old 05-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
Tech Adept

ok guys I took the diff a part everything looks good while doing that I notice that the front drive shaft missing the pin in it that connects it to the front diff fix that changed the pinion gear on the motor and changed the motor over to a trackstar 2560 that I had
and run it about the same time as before and everything seems to be good now will know more tomorrow going to run it long to make sure thanks for all the input on this