Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Never mind . Paintball guns are on sale at Walmart
Cuz Big and Important Titles and 2 lines of sponsors are way cool
Shaun B22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Brushless Corey

It's not what you say, but how you say it. Be friendly and just point out what's going to everyone involved in a major they won't get defensive about it. I had a guy yell at me while I was in the pits like I was some little boy or something and walked towards me in a threatening manor and he just about got himself knocked out.
Brushless Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #48
Tech Regular

On that note, I'm in this hobby to have fun and meet people. I don't take this serious as some and that is why I usually don't race. I go on practice days to make myself better. Once I feel like I can race without pissing someone off I will run.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushless Corey View Post
On that note, I'm in this hobby to have fun and meet people. I don't take this serious as some and that is why I usually don't race. I go on practice days to make myself better. Once I feel like I can race without pissing someone off I will run.
You don't have to jump into the deep end and run mod or expert or whatever your track has. Run beginner or rookie or sportsman if they have it. Just get out there and learn and have fun. If there is no sportsman class and you have to run with the fast guys let the Rd know you're new to racing as he will put you in a heat with some of the less experienced racers.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
You don't have to jump into the deep end and run mod or expert or whatever your track has. Run beginner or rookie or sportsman if they have it. Just get out there and learn and have fun. If there is no sportsman class and you have to run with the fast guys let the Rd know you're new to racing as he will put you in a heat with some of the less experienced racers.
I know, but I would rather not be one of those guys that's all over the place. I just want to better myself before. I may go race today though since I don't have my kids this weekend.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambambennett View Post
Any ideas? I have this problem at one local track I run at. Mod class is no problem at all(experienced drivers). Stock class is a hack fest, always! Now I know stock is supposed to be an entry level class(not really, thats what novice is for), but come on. The track owner/race director feels he shouldn't reprimand anybody for heavy driving. He has tried in the past and ticked people off so he just doesn't say anything about it. I am at the point where I want to smack sense into these guys that drive like this. Complete whiskey throttle. Obviously these fools have never participated in any type of vehicle racing before. Growing up racing motorcycles I understand the etiquette part.Unfortunately these guys don't and it negatively affects my driving when running in second place and knuckleheads can't control their cars and fly across the pipes head on into me causing me to go from 2nd to 9th. I don't mind losing races, I just hate it when it is not my fault. Given, a couple of these guys can have better lap times than I do, but are extremely inconsistent. I take pride in driving a slower smooth style rather than a pin it till the car goes crazy. I pulled off last night due to frustration when I even called out a few on the drivers stand for this behavior. I don't want to always race at the other track close to my work because the location of this one is a couple miles from home and work is 45 miles away.

So again, please give me some appropriate ideas on teaching these guys proper race behavior before I light one up on the stand or in the parking lot. I don't like to think this way but I feel it is a waste of my time and money when this happens at least half the time. I also like to run both classes to fill the nights a little better, however I am considering only running Mod there now or changing up the nights I race to hit the work location track instead where the drivers seem to give a crap about the others there too.
this is 2wd buggy or truck right? if so here is a trick get a old use traxxas that fit your class... run metal bumpers front/rear if you can if not make one out of carbon. stock motor can use a lot of weight so do it. now you have a tank on the track and if they hit you they need to go to the pits. + traxxas cars are not that bad in stock class... the high center they have gives more grip witch on some track make the more consistent if set-up right (they work better then top chassis like associated on tight low grip tracks)(set-up on them you need to run a hard front spring to make up for the roll).... this is what i would do in a class like that.
gatorage is offline   Reply With Quote