Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy) >

Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy)

Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy)

Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy)

Today this happened while racing my dex408T truggy:

First photo:

Bent left rear out drive shaft. This happened at the end of a long day or practicing and racing. I noticed shortly after I landed a very long triple jump, but I was landing that jump all day. I could understand if a variety of other things would break from such a jump, but I can't figure out how the out-drive shaft got bent. One guy at the track thought it could be the result of torque on the drive shaft, but I'm not sure that would explain it.

Second photo:

Front right out-drive shaft came partly out of the cup, and the pin in the dog bone turned out to be loose and slid over to the side. When I got to it, the shaft was out of the cup, but the pin was stuck in one of the grooves.

I assume the pin shouldn't be able to move? But using a pliers, it is easy to slid the pin. This happened after the race, as I was driving a "cool down lap" after the race, and it happened after an unremarkable landing over a table top jump.

A few specs to help solve the mystery...

It's a dex408T truggy, with a Tekin Rx8 and 2250kv motor.
Current limit set to 35amps.
My diff oils are not what I have seen recommended, but everyone loves how my truck handles--20k front, 5k rear, 60k center.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy)-img_20140518_201426_364.jpg   Bent out-drive shaft mystery (1/8 truggy)-img_20140518_203354_513.jpg  
Old 05-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

This thread is the best place to ask about your vehicle.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hlight=dex408T

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html