Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

How is everyone breaking servo horns?????

We have 2 t5m's that have several packs through them at our track with zero issues?????
Old 04-13-2015, 10:57 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

I run the losi servo horn on all my cars it works great. somehow i bent the ae aluminum steering set. not sure how that happened.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
How is everyone breaking servo horns?????

We have 2 t5m's that have several packs through them at our track with zero issues?????
In my case I bumped into the 2X4 rail on the outside edge of the track. Didn't seem like a very hard hit and I know I've done much worse to my B5M without breaking a horn. I'm guessing those big tires hanging out there on the longer arms just have more leverage.

-Chris
Old 04-13-2015, 11:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ISH
I run the losi servo horn on all my cars it works great. somehow i bent the ae aluminum steering set. not sure how that happened.
That's what I'm worried about with an aluminum horn. Is it going to cause me to break or bend a much more expensive part than a servo horn. But I don't have any confidence that running the stock plastic horn won't result in a DNF before long.

-Chris
Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran my T5M for the first time Saturday. During the first qualifier I crashed over a jump and rolled. After being marshaled and I drove off and my truck veered to the right. I pulled off and discovered that my JConcept aluminum steering rack had bent just below the ball stud that attaches to the servo linkage. I put the stock plastic steering rack back on and finished the day. Later on that day my friend bent his JConcept aluminum steering rack in the same place. I am going to keep a tally of Bent/Broken steering racks.

Steering racks bent or broken tally:
JConcept aluminum steering rack - 2
AE aluminum steering rack - 1
AE stock plastic steering rack - 0
Old 04-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I have seen some JC racks that were bent and I have seen an AE one that snapped completely...these were in buggies, I can only imagine what we will see with the bigger trucks.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cueball22
I ran my T5M for the first time Saturday. During the first qualifier I crashed over a jump and rolled. After being marshaled and I drove off and my truck veered to the right. I pulled off and discovered that my JConcept aluminum steering rack had bent just below the ball stud that attaches to the servo linkage. I put the stock plastic steering rack back on and finished the day. Later on that day my friend bent his JConcept aluminum steering rack in the same place. I am going to keep a tally of Bent/Broken steering racks.

IIRC Rouna had mentioned to call customer service for this issue.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:20 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cueball22

add AE aluminum for me too. i bent it back tho.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I have seen some JC racks that were bent and I have seen an AE one that snapped completely...these were in buggies, I can only imagine what we will see with the bigger trucks.
wow the JC ones are bending also? interesting.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm running TLR horn with plastic steering rack. No breakage yet but since I have stock B5 stock rack, I've got a spare in the box. Something tells me when I do break, it will be in practice with the 1/8 scalers
Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ISH
wow the JC ones are bending also? interesting.
Someone posted a pic in the T5m FB page a few weeks ago
Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bartman42
I'm running TLR horn with plastic steering rack. No breakage yet but since I have stock B5 stock rack, I've got a spare in the box. Something tells me when I do break, it will be in practice with the 1/8 scalers
I saw a stock plastic rack break about two weeks ago.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are two of us with T5M's that have run for the last 2 weeks. No servo stock servo horns have failed. My son and I have also run the stock servo horn on the B5 and B5M for a long time without fails, lighter buggy of course.

One thing that did happen to my truck. I let me son drive it during practice and he was rear ended (quite hard). The result of the rear ending was a bent rear shock shaft, which makes some sense because there isn't a big motor and transmission hanging off of the back acting like a bumper. Fortunately another person at the track had his T5M kit come in without the threading on one of his rear shock shafts, so he had an extra for me to borrow.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ran a TLR aluminum horn from the beginning, the first night I snapped the stock plastic steering rack (not the bellcranks). replaced it with another ae plastic one and its been fine since...I was thinking about upgrading to an aluminum one but not if people are bending them
Old 04-13-2015, 03:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Wow, been running the stock plastic servo horns in all of my new AE cars! B5, two B5M's, and T5M. never one single issue. Are you guys using the blue ring? If you don't thats your trouble! If you are IDK what the issue is. Even ran my T5M in mod this last weekend and took some ridiculous landings, broke nothing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.