Team Associated T5M Discussion >

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
I've been coming to OCRC and running practice laps with my XXXT-CR and 17.5 Shuur Speed. I plan on racing this month...maybe we can get enough for a stock race.
awesome! what days do you go? i am usually there on saturday from 11-4pm. i raced last sunday and won the rookie class with my t4.2ft.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspeedracer88
I have a Centro kit on way for mine! I spoke to Brent Thielke at race recently and he said right now they happy with the Centro conversion. After all, TA ran it at the Nats and all big races since then! It might be in works but if it was even a prototype, it would be shown already by the TA guys!!
Im sure there just thrilled with it, however the average customer will not be to thrilled buying a T4.2 and dumping anohter 250 in for a centro kit. If AE is committed to the class they need to get the T5 out sooner vs later. The stadium class at our local track is gainig steam once again.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Or at the very least they need to a announce if and when the T5 is coming out, I get that they have to sell old t4 stock but they're really alienating their customers. I want a t5 but might settle for a 4.2 soon.... I'll be f'ing done with team associated if right after I buy the 4.2 it gets discontinued without any notice.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No one gives notice that they're discontinuing a kit... Being discontinued IS the notice.

So you'd blame AE for replacing a dated kit (which we all know is coming within the next year) because you waited too long to get the previous model?

The T4 is great... With The centro conversion... It is now the BEST truck I have ever driven! Is it expensive if you don't have a T4 already? Kinda... Expense is relative.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aeRayls
No one gives notice that they're discontinuing a kit... Being discontinued IS the notice.

So you'd blame AE for replacing a dated kit (which we all know is coming within the next year) because you waited too long to get the previous model?

The T4 is great... With The centro conversion... It is now the BEST truck I have ever driven! Is it expensive if you don't have a T4 already? Kinda... Expense is relative.
Haha no I understand they have to discontinue kits, but with how inconsistent they are with the life span of their kits it makes it impossible to guess when the new version will come out. It's always a bit of a guessing game but most manufacturers you can narrow it down really well to when a new kit or update will be coming out. And nah exspense isn't really relative. It's very comparable. One truck comes with one truck and has x features and x quality and costs x dollars. The next truck has x features, x quality and y price . Not very relative.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

What I meant as far as expense was to some people $250 is a lot of money and to some, dropping 2500 isn't.

Even when I started in this hobby in the early 90's and I could buy whatever brand...it wasn't about what features kit A had versus kit B for the price. I wanted what I wanted.

I don't think AE is any different than say losi on replacing kits. We all know when the important classes are getting replaced and there is that timeframe where it's kinda limbo as to buying or waiting.

If you want a T4, buy it. Run it for the next few months and sell it cheap and pick up a T5.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beedee
awesome! what days do you go? i am usually there on saturday from 11-4pm. i raced last sunday and won the rookie class with my t4.2ft.
Beedee, I'll be there today running my XXXT-CR. It's red and black. I'll be the tall skinny guy wearing a black "Dunlop Strings" t-shirt.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Been running this thing for the last couple months and its been awesome. Drives extremely similar to a buggy and is super durable.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nice lookin rear tower... thats all I need to finish mine
Old 12-07-2014, 09:28 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Nice work! Do you guys keep the standard wheelbase in your 5M conversions?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is the same picture as previously posted here of the truck I built, T5M? performance was still to be determined.... question answered!

Here is the result from the 2014 Jconcepts Indoor National Finals, TQ and win!
crappy cell phone picture
Old 12-08-2014, 08:56 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Great work of both of you, congrats to engineer and driver!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I wish they ran this class at my local track soooo bad. There's a couple of other tracks that aren't too far away that I still have to check out. But the main track close to me has a short course truck class and that's it. I used to run an RC10T2 about 15 years ago. I raced a B2 as well but made it to nationals here in Ohio on the T2. I'm hoping one of he other close tracks runs the stadium trucks. This T5 looks amazing. I've got my K1 Buggy on the way. I would love to run one of these guys as my second class.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Botlebruiser
I wish they ran this class at my local track soooo bad. There's a couple of other tracks that aren't too far away that I still have to check out. But the main track close to me has a short course truck class and that's it. I used to run an RC10T2 about 15 years ago. I raced a B2 as well but made it to nationals here in Ohio on the T2. I'm hoping one of he other close tracks runs the stadium trucks. This T5 looks amazing. I've got my K1 Buggy on the way. I would love to run one of these guys as my second class.
One guy will have to make the first step.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Converted my b5m to a t5m. and I'm thinking about running tlr 22t mm arms so i can push the hubs back more. i have the flipped rm t4 arms and it is 11in long. ROAR max is 11.5in long so I'm hoping that the 22t arms will make me right at 11.5.

Also DdasHiz who made that attachment for your rear tower???

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.