R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2015, 12:47 AM   #1396
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
No 2.5/1 Arm Mount included in 91532. Anyone know what arm mount cole used? I currently have 3/1 installed.
You need the aluminum C and D blocks for that, and also #91385 and 91389 bushings for the blocks
MattK101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #1397
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattK101 View Post
You need the aluminum C and D blocks for that, and also #91385 and 91389 bushings for the blocks
Wondering if his setup will still work with 3/1?
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #1398
Tech Master
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,551
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
Wondering if his setup will still work with 3/1?
It's 0.5 degree difference of inboard rear toe. He apparently wanted to get the rear a little freed up it seems. You can accomplish that via other tuning methods. While not exactly the same, you could run the 2/1 C block and then add 0.5 outboard toe on the rear hubs.
__________________
* Jesse H. *
rigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #1399
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
It's 0.5 degree difference of inboard rear toe. He apparently wanted to get the rear a little freed up it seems. You can accomplish that via other tuning methods. While not exactly the same, you could run the 2/1 C block and then add 0.5 outboard toe on the rear hubs.
2.5 toe is gonna free it up on throttle but its also going to lock it in from over rotating in tight low speed off throttle corners, and based on the tendencies of stadium trucks i have to assume this is why he went with less toe.
rc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #1400
Tech Master
 
jspurgin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 200 (100%+)
Default

I haven't read thru the thread but is anyone else missing the Top Shaft in the transmission in their kits? Mine wasn't in there..
__________________
Tha mothaflippin Rhymenocerous..
Cause' there aint' no party like a Nana's tea party....

Southern Onroad F1 Champion.. F109
jspurgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:24 PM   #1401
Tech Master
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,551
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspurgin View Post
I haven't read thru the thread but is anyone else missing the Top Shaft in the transmission in their kits? Mine wasn't in there..
The top shaft was packaged in a bag all by itself. AE will sort you out if it was missing though.
__________________
* Jesse H. *
rigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #1402
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
The top shaft was packaged in a bag all by itself. AE will sort you out if it was missing though.
As was mine.

I've ran the truck once. Really happy to be driving ST again, but not happy with rear traction.

I have to say thanks to AE - the "rear motor" arms on the B5M is a sweet change for less wheel base and more grip. AE recognized this and built the T5M with the shims in the C and D block so we can have the same option like the B5M does.

Just shortened my wheel base all the way in search for more rear bite. Running modified with a Trinity half brick and a 7.5 D4. Also lowered the rear ballstud, and going to pickup the schelle rear ballstud mount for the optional longer mount.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #1403
Tech Regular
 
storm800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Omro
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
Wondering if Cole Tollard's set up sheet on ae website is 3 gear dependent? I run 4 gear.
I'm sure it would work well with 4 gear also. He has been running 3 gear in his buggy for a while and just likes the feel of it.
storm800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #1404
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,928
Default

my kit is on order eta is late apil
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #1405
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Went to the brass C block and went 3-2 for anti squat. Really happy with the truck now. Also went full short on wheelbase - thanks AE for allowing me to move the rear arm!
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #1406
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 65
Default

I'm having an issue where the rear of the battery strap comes out of the slot. Never had this happen on the B5m, but it's happened a few times now on the T5m. The only way I can see this happening it if the chassis is flexing enough to allow the strap to come out of the slot. The blue thumb nuts are tight and stay tight; it's a little baffling. I'm running saddle batteries, so when this happens, the saddle tries to sneak out.
islandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #1407
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,377
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandscott View Post
I'm having an issue where the rear of the battery strap comes out of the slot. Never had this happen on the B5m, but it's happened a few times now on the T5m. The only way I can see this happening it if the chassis is flexing enough to allow the strap to come out of the slot. The blue thumb nuts are tight and stay tight; it's a little baffling. I'm running saddle batteries, so when this happens, the saddle tries to sneak out.
I was having that same issue today with mine..not sure of a solution for this issue yet.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #1408
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Got to run it some on a outdoor track this thing jumps so smooth the track was a little beat up had electric and nitro truggy and buggy running on it all day. I think my 6.5 is a little bit of overkill for it.
Neverstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #1409
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default T5M Wing

Do not see on teamassociated.com. Anyone know where we can get a wing replacement without having to purchase the entire body?
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #1410
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
Do not see on teamassociated.com. Anyone know where we can get a wing replacement without having to purchase the entire body?
Micah, the design is so simplistic, I'd recommend you buying a sheet of lexan and bending it yourself with a hair dryer.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net