yes it fine in the street i dont get to the track much
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #1262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX View Post
Being you have experience with the RT6, how do you compare it to the T5? I am looking for a new ST and not sure which to get, T5, RT or 22 2.0???

You wanting to dump a RT6 MM send me a PM!
Can't deny Kyosho quality but they are proud of their stuff and that's evident when you're at the cash register. Under no circumstances would I recommend anything TLR. I still have a horrid taste in mouth from when the 22 came out....parts quality was pathetic. Kyosho outdrives lasted 5:1 in comparison to the TLRs. Even if they've fixed that I have 0 confidence in their brand. The cars are ok other than that. All of the newer generation of cars are good these days. Its driver preference and skill that makes the difference. Kyosho is my favorite but I like the design and cost of the new AE cars enough that I can't decide and run both.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #1263
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Both the T5M and the 22T 2.0 are going to have things that most will like and dislike. There will be parts that will be upgraded because part of the low kit cost is scarificing quility in order to get the price down.

Kyosho, Tamiya, Yokomo, Schumacher and X-ray race level kits come a high cost because there is less compromise in the terms of quality. This doesnt always mean the are vastly better but usually less to change or upgrade versus other manufactures.
Beaker151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #1264
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

shorty or squared?
Old 04-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #1265
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
shorty or squared?
Tricky question to answer, stock or mod, indoor or outdoor, high bite or low bite?
I would say get one of each.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #1266
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
its a 6.5 to hot of motor for this truck?
I put a 7.5 in mine, and racing, felt it was not terribly overpowered!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #1267
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Tricky question to answer, stock or mod, indoor or outdoor, high bite or low bite?
I would say get one of each.
High bite indoor, and low med bite outdoor. I would guess shorty for indoor and square for out. Also MOD stadium trucks shouldn't run stock!lol...
Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #1268
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
High bite indoor, and low med bite outdoor. I would guess shorty for indoor and square for out. Also MOD stadium trucks shouldn't run stock!lol...
Amen! High bite you could run a shorty without any problems and have a square for a tuning option.
Outside lower bite would go square with a shorty as a tuning option.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #1269
Tech Regular

I'd never run stock st after last time. I like the easy speed in mod :P
Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #1270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker151 View Post
Both the T5M and the 22T 2.0 are going to have things that most will like and dislike. There will be parts that will be upgraded because part of the low kit cost is scarificing quility in order to get the price down.

Kyosho, Tamiya, Yokomo, Schumacher and X-ray race level kits come a high cost because there is less compromise in the terms of quality. This doesnt always mean the are vastly better but usually less to change or upgrade versus other manufactures.
Patently false. The AE kit is on par with the rest. That's the entire reason I bought a t5M. The upgrades that most buy are identical [for all the trucks] such as aluminum hubs and aluminum hangers. The only single thing the T5M needs is clear shock O Rings. Other than that its equipped as well as anything else. That's the beauty of AEs new line. They are capable out of the box. My T5M is totally box stock other than a gear diff. My laps aren't really any different between my well upgraded RT6 and the T5M. Kyosho still has the best shocks and springs but overall they don't have the edge they once did.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #1271
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
its a 6.5 to hot of motor for this truck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I put a 7.5 in mine, and racing, felt it was not terribly overpowered!
Same here, I guess that is why I find it strange that so many people in this thread are worried about weight.

Mine rips, reset ST lap records first time out and totally dominated the field 2 weeks in a row. I am in fact thinking about going to a 6.5. The MM is so easy to drive and predictable and can handle big power without having to worry about looping it down the back straight.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #1272
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Same here, I guess that is why I find it strange that so many people in this thread are worried about weight.

Mine rips, reset ST lap records first time out and totally dominated the field 2 weeks in a row. I am in fact thinking about going to a 6.5. The MM is so easy to drive and predictable and can handle big power without having to worry about looping it down the back straight.

im worrying about weight and speed because i am running 17.5. i am pre ordering the pucks as soon as they are available, already have the car almost as light as i can get it minus some electronics changes that will come down the road
dezertranger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #1273
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertranger96 View Post
im worrying about weight and speed because i am running 17.5. i am pre ordering the pucks as soon as they are available, already have the car almost as light as i can get it minus some electronics changes that will come down the road

Which chassis did you go with? Did you order Ti axles yet?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #1274
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Can't deny Kyosho quality but they are proud of their stuff and that's evident when you're at the cash register. Under no circumstances would I recommend anything TLR. I still have a horrid taste in mouth from when the 22 came out....parts quality was pathetic. Kyosho outdrives lasted 5:1 in comparison to the TLRs. Even if they've fixed that I have 0 confidence in their brand. The cars are ok other than that. All of the newer generation of cars are good these days. Its driver preference and skill that makes the difference. Kyosho is my favorite but I like the design and cost of the new AE cars enough that I can't decide and run both.
You wouldn't buy TLR????? So I guess Dustin Evans sweeping every class with his 22s at Motorama, Mayfield putting on a clinic with his Losi at Reedy Nationals and Losi also winning the Cactus Classic was..... luck maybe? Hahahahaha.
This is where you insert your foot in your mouth. Hey well to each there own I guess.... not everybody wants to be a winner
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #1275
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky View Post
You wouldn't buy TLR????? So I guess Dustin Evans sweeping every class with his 22s at Motorama, Mayfield putting on a clinic with his Losi at Reedy Nationals and Losi also winning the Cactus Classic was..... luck maybe? Hahahahaha.
This is where you insert your foot in your mouth. Hey well to each there own I guess.... not everybody wants to be a winner
Guys like Evans, Maifield or (insert any pro name here) would still be smoking everybody down with a Kyosho, TLR, AE, Yokomo...you name it.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote