R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #1261
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,928
Default

yes it fine in the street i dont get to the track much
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #1262
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,728
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX View Post
Being you have experience with the RT6, how do you compare it to the T5? I am looking for a new ST and not sure which to get, T5, RT or 22 2.0???

You wanting to dump a RT6 MM send me a PM!
Can't deny Kyosho quality but they are proud of their stuff and that's evident when you're at the cash register. Under no circumstances would I recommend anything TLR. I still have a horrid taste in mouth from when the 22 came out....parts quality was pathetic. Kyosho outdrives lasted 5:1 in comparison to the TLRs. Even if they've fixed that I have 0 confidence in their brand. The cars are ok other than that. All of the newer generation of cars are good these days. Its driver preference and skill that makes the difference. Kyosho is my favorite but I like the design and cost of the new AE cars enough that I can't decide and run both.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #1263
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Both the T5M and the 22T 2.0 are going to have things that most will like and dislike. There will be parts that will be upgraded because part of the low kit cost is scarificing quility in order to get the price down.

Kyosho, Tamiya, Yokomo, Schumacher and X-ray race level kits come a high cost because there is less compromise in the terms of quality. This doesnt always mean the are vastly better but usually less to change or upgrade versus other manufactures.
Beaker151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #1264
Tech Regular
 
snaketaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Glendale, AZ Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

shorty or squared?
__________________
My apologies for any errors in grammar, and spelling. It's a forum not a term paper! STADIUM TRUCK FOREVER!!!
Some day I want to be one of the guys with the cool T shirts and fancy stickers. I bet they get all the girls!
snaketaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #1265
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,685
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
shorty or squared?
Tricky question to answer, stock or mod, indoor or outdoor, high bite or low bite?
I would say get one of each.
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #1266
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,685
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
its a 6.5 to hot of motor for this truck?
I put a 7.5 in mine, and racing, felt it was not terribly overpowered!
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #1267
Tech Regular
 
snaketaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Glendale, AZ Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Tricky question to answer, stock or mod, indoor or outdoor, high bite or low bite?
I would say get one of each.
High bite indoor, and low med bite outdoor. I would guess shorty for indoor and square for out. Also MOD stadium trucks shouldn't run stock!lol...
__________________
My apologies for any errors in grammar, and spelling. It's a forum not a term paper! STADIUM TRUCK FOREVER!!!
Some day I want to be one of the guys with the cool T shirts and fancy stickers. I bet they get all the girls!
snaketaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #1268
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,685
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
High bite indoor, and low med bite outdoor. I would guess shorty for indoor and square for out. Also MOD stadium trucks shouldn't run stock!lol...
Amen! High bite you could run a shorty without any problems and have a square for a tuning option.
Outside lower bite would go square with a shorty as a tuning option.
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #1269
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 430
Default

I'd never run stock st after last time. I like the easy speed in mod :P
__________________
Hyperhobbies.ca
Rcbatterydepot.com
lee111m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #1270
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,728
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker151 View Post
Both the T5M and the 22T 2.0 are going to have things that most will like and dislike. There will be parts that will be upgraded because part of the low kit cost is scarificing quility in order to get the price down.

Kyosho, Tamiya, Yokomo, Schumacher and X-ray race level kits come a high cost because there is less compromise in the terms of quality. This doesnt always mean the are vastly better but usually less to change or upgrade versus other manufactures.
Patently false. The AE kit is on par with the rest. That's the entire reason I bought a t5M. The upgrades that most buy are identical [for all the trucks] such as aluminum hubs and aluminum hangers. The only single thing the T5M needs is clear shock O Rings. Other than that its equipped as well as anything else. That's the beauty of AEs new line. They are capable out of the box. My T5M is totally box stock other than a gear diff. My laps aren't really any different between my well upgraded RT6 and the T5M. Kyosho still has the best shocks and springs but overall they don't have the edge they once did.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #1271
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
its a 6.5 to hot of motor for this truck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I put a 7.5 in mine, and racing, felt it was not terribly overpowered!
Same here, I guess that is why I find it strange that so many people in this thread are worried about weight.

Mine rips, reset ST lap records first time out and totally dominated the field 2 weeks in a row. I am in fact thinking about going to a 6.5. The MM is so easy to drive and predictable and can handle big power without having to worry about looping it down the back straight.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #1272
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Same here, I guess that is why I find it strange that so many people in this thread are worried about weight.

Mine rips, reset ST lap records first time out and totally dominated the field 2 weeks in a row. I am in fact thinking about going to a 6.5. The MM is so easy to drive and predictable and can handle big power without having to worry about looping it down the back straight.

im worrying about weight and speed because i am running 17.5. i am pre ordering the pucks as soon as they are available, already have the car almost as light as i can get it minus some electronics changes that will come down the road
dezertranger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #1273
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertranger96 View Post
im worrying about weight and speed because i am running 17.5. i am pre ordering the pucks as soon as they are available, already have the car almost as light as i can get it minus some electronics changes that will come down the road

Which chassis did you go with? Did you order Ti axles yet?
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #1274
Tech Regular
 
"Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Can't deny Kyosho quality but they are proud of their stuff and that's evident when you're at the cash register. Under no circumstances would I recommend anything TLR. I still have a horrid taste in mouth from when the 22 came out....parts quality was pathetic. Kyosho outdrives lasted 5:1 in comparison to the TLRs. Even if they've fixed that I have 0 confidence in their brand. The cars are ok other than that. All of the newer generation of cars are good these days. Its driver preference and skill that makes the difference. Kyosho is my favorite but I like the design and cost of the new AE cars enough that I can't decide and run both.
You wouldn't buy TLR????? So I guess Dustin Evans sweeping every class with his 22s at Motorama, Mayfield putting on a clinic with his Losi at Reedy Nationals and Losi also winning the Cactus Classic was..... luck maybe? Hahahahaha.
This is where you insert your foot in your mouth. Hey well to each there own I guess.... not everybody wants to be a winner
__________________
Brendan a.k.a. "Spanky"
TEAM LOSI 22SCT ..... 22T 2.0 ..... 22 2.0
Orion----Promatch Racing----Spektrum---Proline---Island Raceway
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #1275
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky View Post
You wouldn't buy TLR????? So I guess Dustin Evans sweeping every class with his 22s at Motorama, Mayfield putting on a clinic with his Losi at Reedy Nationals and Losi also winning the Cactus Classic was..... luck maybe? Hahahahaha.
This is where you insert your foot in your mouth. Hey well to each there own I guess.... not everybody wants to be a winner
Guys like Evans, Maifield or (insert any pro name here) would still be smoking everybody down with a Kyosho, TLR, AE, Yokomo...you name it.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net