R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #61
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: manhattan
Posts: 290
Default

STILL WAITING AE
jswo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #62
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,052
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

yeah and wait some more u will.

I moved on to Kyosho.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #63
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
yeah and wait some more u will.

I moved on to Kyosho.
Can't be much longer anymore - I just ordered all the parts I need to convert a yaiba-fied SC10 to a T4!
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #64
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Here is what I threw together...

Its a B5M chassis, steering rack, differential, rear shock tower and B5 Ball studs with T4 turnbuckles.
T4 rear arms, hubs and dog bones
T4 front tower, arms, hubs and shocks.

Kyosho mid motor truck body fits great, have to make you own mount holes.

I have made a couple of changes since this picture, drilled a new hole in the rear arms to stand the shocks more straight up and also used the buggy rear shocks (since I retained the B5M rear shock tower the truck shocks were to long).

wiringnatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #65
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

I'd take a T5 but I don't see that coming anytime soon
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #66
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

I would not be surprised to see them at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in early February. Remember how AE picked up the Centro buggy conversions kits, maybe to clear B4 stocks before the B5(M) series? People around the world start to notice how much better racing trucks are to drive vs. 2WD SC. They are the perfect compromise between SCTs and buggies, easier to drive but still agile.
Pro-Line's recent release of the RT6/Centro Bulldog body might also be a sign; it may very well be the T5M's kit body.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #67
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiringnatzi View Post
Here is what I threw together...

Its a B5M chassis, steering rack, differential, rear shock tower and B5 Ball studs with T4 turnbuckles.
T4 rear arms, hubs and dog bones
T4 front tower, arms, hubs and shocks.

Kyosho mid motor truck body fits great, have to make you own mount holes.

I have made a couple of changes since this picture, drilled a new hole in the rear arms to stand the shocks more straight up and also used the buggy rear shocks (since I retained the B5M rear shock tower the truck shocks were to long).

That is a really nice conversion! How does it drive compared to the other trucks out there? Is the T4 front shock tower a direct fit? Might have to try that myself if the T5(M) has not arrived by Easter.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #68
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I would not be surprised to see them at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in early February. Remember how AE picked up the Centro buggy conversions kits, maybe to clear B4 stocks before the B5(M) series? People around the world start to notice how much better racing trucks are to drive vs. 2WD SC. They are the perfect compromise between SCTs and buggies, easier to drive but still agile.
Pro-Line's recent release of the RT6/Centro Bulldog body might also be a sign; it may very well be the T5M's kit body.
I agree with this line of thinking. If you look at a timeline of how and when they have released products in the past it seems plausible that we could see a T5 Team kit, B5/B5M Factory Team kits, and/or an updated SC platform (don't know what they would call that one) in the first part of 2015.
StadiumRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #69
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I can't drive rc cars... my son does!

He says he loves the way it drives!!
First time out with it was at Fastlane in KC for the Jconcepts race a few weeks ago. He got 4th with a motor that was not working to its potential (must have gotten it a little to hot and was down on power). This was with minimal laps on it, just practice on Friday before the race (never drove it before on a track). Switched from the gullwing arms to flat arms and tower to try and calm the steering down.
Took it to a club race this Saturday with a fresh motor and ran the first qualifier with a shorty battery and the rear was really loose. Missed the second qualifier due to a family function and came back for the mains. He started 5th or 6th in the "B" main and was in front before the end of the first lap and may have lapped everyone to bump into the "A" (ran a square pack in it to get a little more weight near the rear). Started 9th in the "A" and finished 4th. The truck looked stuck to the track and was running very good.
There is a very large double that only the top 2 trucks could make consistently. Maybe with the added weight (aluminum chassis over the T4 plastic) and the extra idler in the transmission was taking to much power so he wasn't able to make it (not sure)?? This is running stock.

You need to slightly enlarge (hog out up and to the outside) the upper holes on the T4 shock tower to make it fit, enlarge the inner hinge pin holes in the arms to fit the B5 hinge pins. You also need to grind some material off the front shock tower to fit the B5 ball studs and run a tap through the nut on the bottom of the front hubs to accept the B5 ball studs.

Been playing with gearing, suspension and set ups to get it perfect but seems pretty darn good!

Getting ready for the Jconcepts Indoor National Series Finals in Omaha this weekend!!

It may be a better option to run it in mod because you can just throw as much motor as you want to make it competitive with the added weight and gear in transmission vs. stock??
wiringnatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Here's a shot with the body cut and on it but not painted...

wiringnatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,569
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

now that they are selling a centro kit i would assume its gonna be awhile. centro for B4 came out about six to eight months before the announcement of the B5.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #72
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,395
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

My best guess is we'll see a Factory team B5/B5M before we see a T5.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #73
Tech Regular
 
rustyus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: central PA
Posts: 323
Default

I've been waiting for the ST class to make a come back for a while now. The T5 release (at toy fair) should make a HUGE push in bringing that class back everywhere and at Motorama Feb 2015. Just my prediction.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated T5M Discussion-capture.jpg  
rustyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #74
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyus View Post
I've been waiting for the ST class to make a come back for a while now. The T5 release (at toy fair) should make a HUGE push in bringing that class back everywhere and at Motorama Feb 2015. Just my prediction.
hahahah the magic 8 ball never lies!
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #75
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StadiumRC View Post
...and/or an updated SC platform (don't know what they would call that one) in the first part of 2015.
I'd be happy if they discontinued their SC platform and put more focus back into ST
__________________
Support: http://bumpsandjumpsrc.com/, http://thehiddenhangar.com/, https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/, http://aerotechhobbies.net/
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
ROSCOE
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net