R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 05-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #3061
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the t5m has a little more space. are you using a giant receiver?
haha. I was editing my post as you were typing. Futaba r304sb. I should be ok then. I have HW in all my cars and have the LCD program box, just wanted to stick with HW.
rcnewbie418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #3062
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

yeah, those futaba receivers are huge
Old 05-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #3063
Tech Adept

Guys, I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times but I haven't found it....
Do I need to use green slime on x-rings? Building new shocks and didn't want to proceed without that little detail.
BruceR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #3064
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR. View Post
Guys, I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times but I haven't found it....
Do I need to use green slime on x-rings? Building new shocks and didn't want to proceed without that little detail.
I just coat them with shock oil before installing.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 AM   #3065
Tech Adept

AS long as the answer isn't "Green slime eats x-rings."
I'm going to dip the ens of the shaft in shock oil before pushing it through the orings and bottom cap. I'd just have to cuss if I buggered up brand new parts.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #3066
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No you're fine. Slime the seals and a drop of oil on the shaft. I also "build" the seal/spacer assembly on the shaft before i load it into the shock. Just slide the shaft all the way down put the pieces on there. I put a drop of oil on that before sliding it into the shock as well.
xyzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #3067
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzracer View Post
No you're fine. Slime the seals and a drop of oil on the shaft. I also "build" the seal/spacer assembly on the shaft before i load it into the shock. Just slide the shaft all the way down put the pieces on there. I put a drop of oil on that before sliding it into the shock as well.
Sounds like a nice easy way to do it. Better than stacking everything in the bottom cup.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #3068
Tech Adept

Is there a trick to getting the oring assembly and bottom cup onto the shock body? I don't remember having issues with the kit shocks, but the kashimas are bad news for me. I'm assuming the upper hat bushing goes into the bottom of the shock body, then the oring, spacer, oring, and the other hat bushing in the shock cap. Only problem- the hat bushing doesn't fit in the shock body. And if they're not supposed to go in there, I can't compress it all enough to get the cap threads started.....
Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #3069
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default 8.5mm hexes

Do you need to get the clamping front axles if you want to run the aluminum hexes in front? Also, do the hexes help at all with the wheel wobble - or is that totally unrelated?
Thanks
BK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #3070
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK24 View Post
Do you need to get the clamping front axles if you want to run the aluminum hexes in front? Also, do the hexes help at all with the wheel wobble - or is that totally unrelated?
Thanks
Yes, you need the axles to run the hexes. Will they help the wobble? Probably not if its from sloppy front end parts. Doesn't effect performance though.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #3071
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Yes, you need the axles to run the hexes. Will they help the wobble? Probably not if its from sloppy front end parts. Doesn't effect performance though.
cman26 - you've posted in this thread extensively. What's the single biggest upgrade you've made that, in your opinion, has improved the T5M performance the most? I realize that's a pretty broad question.
BK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #3072
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK24 View Post
cman26 - you've posted in this thread extensively. What's the single biggest upgrade you've made that, in your opinion, has improved the T5M performance the most? I realize that's a pretty broad question.
#1 Schelle oiled ceramic gearbox bearings, easily the BEST money you can spend!
#2 3 Gear tranny
#3 JConcepts finned titanium turnbuckles
#4 Truck springs green front and white rear is what I am running
Old 05-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #3073
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whats the part numbers for those springs?

Went to the track this past weekend with my brother was going to race but wasn't enough there to have a race it's a indoor track, was only about a dozen people showed up so we got in some real nice practice. When racing I never think of trying to control the truck in the air to help with the landing. Practicing on hitting the corners right and the jumps square and focusing on getting better on my air control seemed to make a lot of difference in my times. My brother run the TLR 22T and there was a couple of the faster TLR factory sponsored guys there and he had them drive his truck to see what they thought of his setup as he always felt something was not quite right, with a few radio adjustments thay had lap times down slightly over 21 seconds. My lap times on a good lap was just over 24 so I didn't feel to bad as it was my first season with this truck and only my second year racing off road, and racing it less than 8 times. Only thing I would like to see improve other than my driving is to get the truck to turn just a little bit tighter in some of the sharper corners. if it's a 90 deg or a sweeper it seems fine.
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #3074
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxamus View Post
whats the part numbers for those springs?

Went to the track this past weekend with my brother was going to race but wasn't enough there to have a race it's a indoor track, was only about a dozen people showed up so we got in some real nice practice. When racing I never think of trying to control the truck in the air to help with the landing. Practicing on hitting the corners right and the jumps square and focusing on getting better on my air control seemed to make a lot of difference in my times. My brother run the TLR 22T and there was a couple of the faster TLR factory sponsored guys there and he had them drive his truck to see what they thought of his setup as he always felt something was not quite right, with a few radio adjustments thay had lap times down slightly over 21 seconds. My lap times on a good lap was just over 24 so I didn't feel to bad as it was my first season with this truck and only my second year racing off road, and racing it less than 8 times. Only thing I would like to see improve other than my driving is to get the truck to turn just a little bit tighter in some of the sharper corners. if it's a 90 deg or a sweeper it seems fine.
Look back a few pages, it part numbers have been posted a couple time already in here.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #3075
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I probably already know the answer, but if I already run the brass D block and I am going to add the plate under the shorty which I have been told on here it was 50g. should I add less under the battery to account for the D block or still add the the 50g. ? or would it be better to remove the D block and just add the full 50g. under the shorty?
Braxamus is offline   Reply With Quote