Team Associated T5M Discussion >

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Old 07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
another quick question, on associated's site on the t5m set ups I noticed that they have the rear camber link at -2 but with 3mm of ballstud washers,couldn't you get the same effect with +2 with 1mm blastud washer? I'm confused here
That measurement is -2 and +2 from the stock '0' plastic piece. Measurements are what islandscott stated above.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone have the MIP All-in-one 3 gear box yet?
Old 07-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney
Does anyone have the MIP All-in-one 3 gear box yet?
I do. Not sure how I feel about it. I took a little too much time in between my last race and the day I installed it so it is a little hard to compare. I can say that it does act like a huge heat sync so I was able to go bigger on the pinion without worrying about motor heat. After about 30 minutes of running the entire trans and motor assembly is pretty warm, but nowhere near too hot.

I do plan on switching the MIP trans with the 3 gear in my B5M to compare the two, hopefully I will remember to get some extra gears to build the 4 gear again and do some back to back testing. I do like the fact that the MIP trans weighs the same as the 4 gear, I am not trying to build a ultra light weight truck, so keeping the weight up was actually important to me. It does center the motor compared to stock parts, which I am pretty sure has improved the way the truck jumps. I will be getting Schelles new motor centering kit for my AE 3 gear.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I do. Not sure how I feel about it. I took a little too much time in between my last race and the day I installed it so it is a little hard to compare. I can say that it does act like a huge heat sync so I was able to go bigger on the pinion without worrying about motor heat. After about 30 minutes of running the entire trans and motor assembly is pretty warm, but nowhere near too hot.

I do plan on switching the MIP trans with the 3 gear in my B5M to compare the two, hopefully I will remember to get some extra gears to build the 4 gear again and do some back to back testing. I do like the fact that the MIP trans weighs the same as the 4 gear, I am not trying to build a ultra light weight truck, so keeping the weight up was actually important to me. It does center the motor compared to stock parts, which I am pretty sure has improved the way the truck jumps. I will be getting Schelles new motor centering kit for my AE 3 gear.
Mine comes in today, and it will be installed ASAP then hope it dials in well before my race tomorrow night. I am mostly anticipating the thermal advantages due to my recently found gearing on the cusp of too hot, but perfect for the track. So are you looking to ditch the MIP 3 gear already for the AE 3 gear??
Old 07-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neverstop
Anybody running 13.5 what gearing is working best for you
26/78
Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney
Mine comes in today, and it will be installed ASAP then hope it dials in well before my race tomorrow night. I am mostly anticipating the thermal advantages due to my recently found gearing on the cusp of too hot, but perfect for the track. So are you looking to ditch the MIP 3 gear already for the AE 3 gear??
No. At least not yet. I want to try it in my buggy and back to back with the 4 gear and the AE 3 gear.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default 3 VS 4 gear

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
No. At least not yet. I want to try it in my buggy and back to back with the 4 gear and the AE 3 gear.
After the install on Thursday of the MIP 3 gear box I went to the track as soon as possible on Friday to get some laps on the new set up. My initial feel was "Wow, that spins up quick". I run a Tekin RS Spec with a gen 2 13.5 motor that has 10* timing on it, geared at 81/27. Before the MIP install I recently went up to the 27T pinion from 25T, tested, and it was too hot (170ish), but after the install the temps went down to 150-155* which is fine by me after the main. I ran it hard on testing and never came in hotter than that. As far as the way it feels driving it suits me well, I like to attack the corners, and slide out a bit which this set up helped me gain some more of that slide action. I did notice a tad better flight, but I never did weigh the vehicle like I wanted. Oh, and the install was super easy, feels rugged. I can imagine when I start running a fan that the temps will drop even more allowing me to actually touch the timing. I will keep updating, and I have one waiting for my SC5M
Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I run the MIP tranny on a couple of my B5Ms and they are good for 20-30 degrees. I cannot believe how much heat they soak up. Its not as hot as Vegas here but a few race days have been 100+ and the track has been over 125. I'm pretty much the only one who can run a 7 minute main and not come off at 185 or more. I have the timing on one of the cars maxed out and have not had to gear either car down. If heat is an issue they are the hot ticket.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I run the MIP tranny on a couple of my B5Ms and they are good for 20-30 degrees. I cannot believe how much heat they soak up. Its not as hot as Vegas here but a few race days have been 100+ and the track has been over 125. I'm pretty much the only one who can run a 7 minute main and not come off at 185 or more. I have the timing on one of the cars maxed out and have not had to gear either car down. If heat is an issue they are the hot ticket.
Very true, they really do soak up the heat. Looking to time up and gear differently next time I'm out testing.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

little off topic, Anyone know what t5 parts i can retro fit onto my t4.2?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Painy
little off topic, Anyone know what t5 parts i can retro fit onto my t4.2?
You can get most of the suspension to cross over with a little work with a drill... but were you are going to run into issues is with the front shock length and tower... I converted my CT4.2 all over to T5m parts ( suspension ) so if you need help PM me
Old 07-10-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Would anyone happen to have the corresponding camber link settings on the factory team aluminum hubs to the stock A,B,C hub insert?

I know kit stock setup with the FT Hubs is rear inside and 3mm of washers under the ballstud.

Thanks!

Jake
Old 07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jakeb
Would anyone happen to have the corresponding camber link settings on the factory team aluminum hubs to the stock A,B,C hub insert?

I know kit stock setup with the FT Hubs is rear inside and 3mm of washers under the ballstud.

Thanks!

Jake

This PDF notes the stock settings.
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...for-B5-B5M.pdf
Old 07-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im having some issues with over steering with my t5m, it seems to over steer at the end of a turn, Im wondering if this is a set up issue or a easy fix in my radio settings??? any help would be apperitiated
Old 07-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
Im having some issues with over steering with my t5m, it seems to over steer at the end of a turn, Im wondering if this is a set up issue or a easy fix in my radio settings??? any help would be apperitiated
I added the set screws in the caster blocks for the steering stops. Fixed it for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.