R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #1756
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
No boost or timing, and the mesh is good.
may want to call motor manufacturer and see what they recommend for end bell timing
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #1757
Tech Adept
 
NeedsHobbyMoney's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vegas
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hello T5M knowledge. I am about to run a 13.5 series in my town, and was looking for some good places to start with on my new rig.
NeedsHobbyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #1758
Tech Regular
 
VegasHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney View Post
Hello T5M knowledge. I am about to run a 13.5 series in my town, and was looking for some good places to start with on my new rig.
Running the same series... 13.5 is more a stock style class where lower weight and rotating mass is important. Good motor and battery is critical as well.

If possible, run 3 gear with a shorty pack to try and save as much weight as you can without blowing the bank and work from there.

Right now 702rc has a center double to triple, should be able to clear the triple with a decent setup and run about a 18.5 second lap time if not better.

I'm running the Cole Tollard setup on the AE website with one step lighter oil front and rear and it's pretty spot on for 702rc. Grab the ultra soft chainlinks for rear tires, seems to work the best for whats available right now. On the fronts, i'm running M4 suburbs.
__________________
Don't worry about saving pennies, worry about making dollars.
702rcraceway.com, sponsored by my wallet
VegasHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #1759
YoG
Tech Apprentice
 
YoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Victoria B.C. Canada
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My New T5M Build

Here is my new Team Associated T5M Build



















__________________
XRAY XB2ce/AE T5M/HB D413/TEKNO SCT410
http://www.corvictoria.com/
YoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #1760
Tech Adept
 
NeedsHobbyMoney's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vegas
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
Running the same series... 13.5 is more a stock style class where lower weight and rotating mass is important. Good motor and battery is critical as well.

If possible, run 3 gear with a shorty pack to try and save as much weight as you can without blowing the bank and work from there.

Right now 702rc has a center double to triple, should be able to clear the triple with a decent setup and run about a 18.5 second lap time if not better.

I'm running the Cole Tollard setup on the AE website with one step lighter oil front and rear and it's pretty spot on for 702rc. Grab the ultra soft chainlinks for rear tires, seems to work the best for whats available right now. On the fronts, i'm running M4 suburbs.
Awesome! I will be seeing you there then. This is my first time back to 702 for racing in over a year so it's been a while, but really want to try out the stadium truck scene.

Thanks for the info that will be a good base line indeed. I actually bought someone else's truck off RCTECH(low usage roller, nice add-ons) Saved me a bit of dough so I can slap on the 3 gear and get a decent motor.

Are you running MIP stock CVD's for dropping some rotating mass?
NeedsHobbyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #1761
Tech Regular
 
VegasHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney View Post
Awesome! I will be seeing you there then. This is my first time back to 702 for racing in over a year so it's been a while, but really want to try out the stadium truck scene.

Thanks for the info that will be a good base line indeed. I actually bought someone else's truck off RCTECH(low usage roller, nice add-ons) Saved me a bit of dough so I can slap on the 3 gear and get a decent motor.

Are you running MIP stock CVD's for dropping some rotating mass?
I picked up a set of MIP pucks but haven't installed them yet. The way the track is laid out right now I don't think ya gotta get too crazy. Should have the same layout for a couple of the rounds or with minor changes. I've got a white, orange and gray T5M. Come say high if ya see me.
__________________
Don't worry about saving pennies, worry about making dollars.
702rcraceway.com, sponsored by my wallet
VegasHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #1762
Tech Addict
 
kcrunchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WWW.MAXAMPS.COM
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambambennett View Post
On par,not on par. It doesn't matter as long as your having fun. I am a career mid pack racer. I used to get frustrated because I let competition get to me always trying to get a Amain win. Now I just show up to drive and set a goal to minimize mistakes. I have had a few nights now with no mistakes in the mains. That is winning to me.
Just recently adopted the same mode of thinking. I think realistically coming from years of layoff from rc on-road and coming back to off-road it's better mentally to be realistic than to create a mental environment that I back out of the racing again. Minimize mistakes and learn more and go home happy.....
__________________
Rick Hill

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #1763
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

YoG
Go to 3 gear as soon as you can.... I know you are not running those tires! Looks like you have a chassis protector... Who makes that battery strap? I love copper or as Hyandai calls it: Vitamin lol!
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #1764
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,685
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
YoG
Go to 3 gear as soon as you can.... I know you are not running those tires! Looks like you have a chassis protector... Who makes that battery strap? I love copper or as Hyandai calls it: Vitamin lol!
That looks like the same color as my truck, and it called Candy Orange of all things!
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #1765
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRob View Post
Think some people are cutting the stress boot off the of the wire, this should let you get the wire closer to the servo so you can mount. Also, some are dremeling ...
Thanks, Removing the stress booth helped a lot.
h.lourenssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #1766
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10
Default

Bubonic-X, why would you go 3-gear? because of the tires? i build mine 4 gear with a 8.5t and also using stagger and mini spikes. it's not finished yet. should i switch?

Last edited by h.lourenssen; 05-21-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: wrong quote
h.lourenssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #1767
Tech Regular
 
VegasHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.lourenssen View Post
Bubonic-X, why would you go 3-gear? because of the tires? i build mine 4 gear with a 8.5t and also using stagger and mini spikes. it's not finished yet. should i switch?
I'm assuming he didn't realize you guys are running in Europe where turf and carpet are run more often using the spikes. Rarely see spikes here in the states with clay and dirt tracks.
__________________
Don't worry about saving pennies, worry about making dollars.
702rcraceway.com, sponsored by my wallet
VegasHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:19 PM   #1768
YoG
Tech Apprentice
 
YoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Victoria B.C. Canada
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am running on a indoor carpet track. We will be moving outside starting in June. I will be using proline calibers.
Schumacher Racing "Stagger Rib" 2.2 1/10 Truck Front Tires
Schumacher Racing "Mini Spike" 2.2 1/10 Truck Rear Tires
This is the spray paint color Tamiya PS-61 Metallic Orange
This is the battery strap Jammin Products RC10B5M/RC10T5M Carbon Fiber Adjustable Battery Strap
I am using the JConcepts clear chassis sheets $8 for two.

There is no need for the 3 gear transmission for myself.
__________________
XRAY XB2ce/AE T5M/HB D413/TEKNO SCT410
http://www.corvictoria.com/
YoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #1769
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,685
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Are any of you mod guys running the 3 gear and if so how do you like it? Thanks.
__________________
22 3.0
22-4
MBX7R Eco, RC8B3E
MBX7R. RC8B3
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #1770
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,685
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Mine is Spaz Stix 15159 Candy Orange
With a lil "stripper glitter" thrown in for fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated T5M Discussion-20150404_193658-2.jpg  
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net