R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated T5M Discussion (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/813834-team-associated-t5m-discussion.html)

thecman26 01-05-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barney (Post 13762270)
ya we actually had 8 almost 9 ST make it for our weekly club race this weekend at Jakes Pro-Am Raceway in Topeka, KS .. ST is TRYING to make a comeback around here slowly .. heck we ALMOST got Nitro ST going again but not quite .. but Omaha trophy race had some.
Electric ST we had some AE , Losi , Kyosho , Durango , and even TeamC :tire::nod:
hopefully it'll keep going :nod::nod::nod:
:batman:

We had just as many in Hutch saturday, even with a blizzard going on outside! ;)

Justinb86 01-05-2015 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by thecman26 (Post 13762662)
We had just as many in Hutch saturday, even with a blizzard going on outside! ;)

We get around 25-30 stadium trucks on a club races up in Bellingham Washington at Mike's RC world indoor Snow series. Stadium truck didn't die up here in the Pacific NW.

thecman26 01-05-2015 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Justinb86 (Post 13762681)
We get around 25-30 stadium trucks on a club races up in Bellingham Washington at Mike's RC world indoor Snow series. Stadium truck didn't die up here in the Pacific NW.

We used to have a lot then SCT came into the scene and the class dwindled to an every other week class. Hopefully it picks back up with the new trucks hitting the market. I will get a T5M as soon as they drop!

Hank Crowe 01-05-2015 10:51 PM

It's amazing to see how this thing performs in track:cool:

jpcopeland1 01-06-2015 07:22 AM

If and when this thing gets released, do you think it will push TLR to respond?

bdyche 01-06-2015 08:51 AM

T5M press photo on LiveRC.

kawi650 01-06-2015 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by bdyche (Post 13764514)

I see the actual truck will have front axles like the stock B5 ones, I wish they used the ones like on Cav's truck but that's minor. The space for the electronics and battery look about the same as the buggy, I wonder how much longer the truck chassis is.

mes 01-06-2015 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by kawi650 (Post 13764601)
I see the actual truck will have front axles like the stock B5 ones, I wish they used the ones like on Cav's truck but that's minor. The space for the electronics and battery look about the same as the buggy, I wonder how much longer the truck chassis is.

Nothing wrong with those front axles, they are just a tad heavier than the old-school multipart version with aluminum hexes. Maybe the chassis is actually the same, wheelbase on the B5M and the T4 seems to be pretty much identical.

aeRayls 01-06-2015 09:44 AM

Also notice the alum rear camber mount.

Also included longer ballstuds and a nut on the rear hubs.

kawi650 01-06-2015 10:05 AM

Anyone want to play the price guessing game?

I say $289 for the MM and $259 for the RM.

MasterBlaster 01-06-2015 10:40 AM

Spy photo question

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that T5 spy photo showing him charging the battery while still connected to his electronics of his car? Is this OK? It also appears that he is not using the balancing plug...? Or a lipo sack?

Perhaps I am being overly cautious, but I always disconnect the battery and charge it in a Lipo sack with the balancing plug in as well.

What do you guys do?

aeRayls 01-06-2015 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster (Post 13764765)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that T5 spy photo showing him charging the battery while still connected to his electronics of his car? Is this OK? It also appears that he is not using the balancing plug...? Or a lipo sack?

Perhaps I am being overly cautious, but I always disconnect the battery and charge it in a Lipo sack with the balancing plug in as well.

What do you guys do?

I rarely balance, maybe once every other month. Yes it's ok to charge connected to your electronics. However, I think it sets a bad example at the track by charging in your car!! Other people who don't use quality equipment and or don't know how to use it properly might try this and have it end in a fire...

MasterBlaster 01-06-2015 11:26 AM

So, you're saying it's OK, as long as you don't mind the occasional fire?

aeRayls 01-06-2015 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster (Post 13764846)
So, you're saying it's OK, as long as you don't mind the occasional fire?

No, what I'm saying is some folks aren't smart enough to use their own equipment. So some shmuck sees the "pros" do it and decides he should. Of course he has some crap charger with bad leads or old lipos... And he causes a fire in his car.

9 out of 10 lipo fires are user error!

Everything Cav is doing in that pic is perfectly fine... IF your equipment is good and set properly and you know what you're doing. I see a lot of "pros" charging in cars. I however, will not!

MasterBlaster 01-06-2015 12:28 PM

I was just kidding, of course.

Why does it not fry your ESC?