Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhughesjr
My front ride height is a little low than my rear by a couple of mm, and my rear cvs are completely level. I do have like 15% drag brake, but don't believe that is the issue as there were a couple jumps I was still on the throttle experimenting, and it still nosed down. My transmission and diff feel really good.
Raise the front. I have mine 30mm front and 29mm rear. Jumps nice and level.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhughesjr
My front ride height is a little low than my rear by a couple of mm, and my rear cvs are completely level. I do have like 15% drag brake, but don't believe that is the issue as there were a couple jumps I was still on the throttle experimenting, and it still nosed down. My transmission and diff feel really good.
If it's not jumping great, bring your front ride height up to at least the same as rear, and possibly 1-2mm higher than rear. I've been running 30/28 and it seems good, and some are running 31/29. Also going to stiffer front springs should help. The kit springs are a touch soft by most accounts. I preferred gray rears and yellow or red fronts. A last attempt would also be to go to a smaller piston hole in the front shocks.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rigor
If it's not jumping great, bring your front ride height up to at least the same as rear, and possibly 1-2mm higher than rear. I've been running 30/28 and it seems good, and some are running 31/29. Also going to stiffer front springs should help. The kit springs are a touch soft by most accounts. I preferred gray rears and yellow or red fronts. A last attempt would also be to go to a smaller piston hole in the front shocks.
+1 to that, I switched to red front springs, a friend was running orange and liked them. Also ran gray rears.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

does anyone know if you still need to put black diff grease in the schelle thrust bearing?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
does anyone know if you still need to put black diff grease in the schelle thrust bearing?
Yes, you do.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
Got to lubricate it somehow....
Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Thank you for the advice, I have raised the front to a little higher then the rear. I plan on going to the track in a little while and testing it out. I've also got some stiffer springs on order but they won't be in for a couple of days.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VegasHB
What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

kyosho springs kinda "numb" the feeling of the car and make it easier to drive. Less twitchy off center mostly. I believe that on a smooth high bite surface that they are faster 99% of the time. However, they dont quite jump and land as well and don't handle bumps as well... so if you have a bumpy track they may not be the ticket.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
Where have Losi springs come out on your tester?
Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
Where have Losi springs come out on your tester?
I refuse to buy anything from Losi or TLR. The quality of the parts that came with/on my early 22s and SCTEs was so poor that I've decided to not support the brand. I'm pretty strict about it. I think the only one of their products I have [today] is the wheel/tire balancer they sell.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rc23
kyosho springs kinda "numb" the feeling of the car and make it easier to drive. Less twitchy off center mostly. I believe that on a smooth high bite surface that they are faster 99% of the time. However, they dont quite jump and land as well and don't handle bumps as well... so if you have a bumpy track they may not be the ticket.
+1 to all that!
The XGS springs make the truck feel so light and nimble! It jumps amazing and handles better all around!
Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I refuse to buy anything from Losi or TLR. The quality of the parts that came with/on my early 22s and SCTEs was so poor that I've decided to not support the brand. I'm pretty strict about it. I think the only one of their products I have [today] is the wheel/tire balancer they sell.
The annodized shim set is really nice as well as the aluminum wheel nuts are cheap and as light as the JConcepts nuts that are almost twice the price, and you even get two spares with the TLR nuts. Otherwise I am with you!
Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flintTRDTC
Has anyone seen the setup that Spencer Rivkin used at the JConcepts Stock Nationals at OC/RC this past weekend? I saw Team Associated posted his winning B5M setup but not his winning T5M setup. Just finished building my T5M and want to compare his setup to the box stock setup.
Just posted

http://www.liverc.com/news/race_resu..._and_Wynn_won/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.