Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Update picts. Threw on the new Beetle bumper to see how it looks

How are the new shocks?
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

They're fantastic. Basically the same as the RB6 shocks, cartridge style bottoms, silky smooth. No bleeding issues etc.

I was surprised that the rears and fronts are identical in length.

Also the longer rear shock towers from Pargu don't work, they interfere with the shock adjuster collar. The ones on their is from Dwayne who sells on eBay. His are a little too tall for the HG shocks. So I used a longer ball end that I had from Tamiya and spring retainer from Tamiya as well.

Another nice feature is that you can use any 1/10 front buggy spring (standard bore, not big bore).. So lots of tuning options

Last edited by Raman; 01-03-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Raman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #153
Tech Apprentice

Those shocks should work a treat, nice.
I did up a bit more video, I ended up putting a 20 turn x speed Kyosho high torque motor in for now, I tried a 17.5 brushless and this has more top end. I have ordered a 9t brushless to give me some grunt for loamy type surfaces.
http://youtu.be/yYid1Ktc0E4
chktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #154
Tech Elite

I'm envious of the places you have in your back yard to run. Here in Vegas I have lots of empty undeveloped space, but it's all rocks and pebbles.. No dirt or sand.

Its amazing to watch this 30 year old design run with modern radio and know how etc.

My original Scorpion was so stiff and brittle.. the radio was prone to glitches.. at any given moment it would take off on its own and slam into a wall. I had no clue how to set up the suspension, so it was as stiff as a rock.. tumble on turns etc.

My re-re is so nimble and drivable, the gear box puts the power down with efficiency. Im really hoping some sort of Vintage racing class picks up locally. Would be awesome to compete this little buggy.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #155
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I'm envious of the places you have in your back yard to run. Here in Vegas I have lots of empty undeveloped space, but it's all rocks and pebbles.. No dirt or sand.

Its amazing to watch this 30 year old design run with modern radio and know how etc.

My original Scorpion was so stiff and brittle.. the radio was prone to glitches.. at any given moment it would take off on its own and slam into a wall. I had no clue how to set up the suspension, so it was as stiff as a rock.. tumble on turns etc.

My re-re is so nimble and drivable, the gear box puts the power down with efficiency. Im really hoping some sort of Vintage racing class picks up locally. Would be awesome to compete this little buggy.
I guess I am pretty lucky to have the track in the backyard to run on for sure. Sorry to hear there's nowhere close to you that's good, shame. I am thinking the same about this 30 year old buggy, here it is getting around so well and feels really nice and fun to drive, pretty astounding to me. It just hooks up well and goes where you want, I'm loving it. It would be great to race them in a vintage class, good luck with that.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #156
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

make the trip to connecticut in september for the vintage offroad nationals.
there's bound to be a few scorpions in the classics class....mine included.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #157
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
make the trip to connecticut in september for the vintage offroad nationals.
there's bound to be a few scorpions in the classics class....mine included.
That'd be great, unfortunately I'm from down under in Australia so a bit too far to race my buggy though thanks. Have fun I'm sure it'll be a blast.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 AM   #158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
That'd be great, unfortunately I'm from down under in Australia so a bit too far to race my buggy though thanks. Have fun I'm sure it'll be a blast.
make it a holiday! we've got guys coming from sweden!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #159
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Wow, that'll make it a World Title event , have fun, it'd be great to make it.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #160
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hopefully they have got their buggies already .
According to Kyosho America ( or so A Main have told me ) they have put restrictions on selling the scorpion anywhere but the U.S. Mexico and Canada. This is after I bought one the other week. No good me recomending one to anyone as far as I'm concerned, support your customers Kyosho $&@&@)&. I was thinking of getting another for spares as I want to race it, oh well. I can still buy them through other channels ( but I'm not sure I want to now ) I just wanted to order parts and a buggy together. My little rant.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #161
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hopefully they have got their buggies already .
According to Kyosho America ( or so A Main have told me ) they have put restrictions on selling the scorpion anywhere but the U.S. Mexico and Canada. This is after I bought one the other week. No good me recomending one to anyone as far as I'm concerned, support your customers Kyosho $&@&@)&. I was thinking of getting another for spares as I want to race it, oh well. I can still buy them through other channels ( but I'm not sure I want to now ) I just wanted to order parts and a buggy together. My little rant.
buy they still have them for sale in Japan, Hong Kong. Order your second buggy and parts through banzai and save
Old 01-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #162
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
buy they still have them for sale in Japan, Hong Kong. Order your second buggy and parts through banzai and save
Thanks man , though I tried Banzai and they show out of stock, I asked to be e mailed a few weeks back when in stock but never get a reply. I had just tried them to order some parts the other day and their site kept crashing every few minutes so I gave up and ordered from A Main who I was going to get the next kit through also when I couldn't get joy from Banzai. I've ordered one through Amazon against my better judgment. Thanks again for the help. Just out of curiosity I put a RC10 Worlds kit in my cart at A Main and see Associated have no dramas selling OS.

Last edited by chktm; 01-13-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks man , though I tried Banzai and they show out of stock, I asked to be e mailed a few weeks back when in stock but never get a reply. I had just tried them to order some parts the other day and their site kept crashing every few minutes so I gave up and ordered from A Main who I was going to get the next kit through also when I couldn't get joy from Banzai. I've ordered one through Amazon against my better judgment. Thanks again for the help.
Banzai's new site is junk.. whoever they paid to create it should perform hara-kiri lol

send them an email here banzaihobby@gmail.com They usually get back to me in 24 hours..
Old 01-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #164
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Banzai's new site is junk.. whoever they paid to create it should perform hara-kiri lol

send them an email here banzaihobby@gmail.com They usually get back to me in 24 hours..
Thanks mate, so you just e mail them with what you want and they sort it, I had to give up on their site?
Old 01-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #165
Tech Apprentice

Ok, so it seems I may have gone off a little prematurely thinking the local importer would not be interested in importing the Scorpion or Beetle. Even my LHS was doubtful and very surprised to hear they could get a hold of them and for a more than competitive price. So apologies to anyone who my rant may have offended.