Wiki Posts
Search

A Main Hobbies needs to actually distribute Yokomo

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:54 PM
sac
Tech Regular

Default A Main Hobbies needs to actually distribute Yokomo

I went to my local hobby shop to try to get a Yokomo 4wd buggy.He said that A Main Hobbies is the exclusive US distributor and i would have to get the buggy from them .
I like to support my local hobby shop.
So my question to A Main is if you are going to be the US distributor ,that means you should be selling to other hobby shops.That what a distributor does!they distribute.
If A Main isn't going to do that ,let some one else distribute Yokomo.
If you did that ,i believe we would see more Yokomo products at the track.

Just my opinion

Sac
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

+1
Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

This is not just an offroad issues. These same comments were made at the pre-worlds warmup in Florida last weekend.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm sure there are many that feel your pain,

Though it should be noted that Yokomo has been one of the hardest brands to run in the U.S. for a long time due the sheer lack of support (parts and kits). I would have thought by now it would have been light years better, but it seems it isn't, which is sad. Don't blame you or anyone for wanting to support their LHS.

One question here though,
Does the LHS mentioned by the OP, order anything from Amain or their Swift Dist. for the LHS? If not, that could be part of the issue. If the Yok kits and parts are available through their Swift Dist. (or whatever they may be calling the Dist. side of Amain these days), then I'd say that they have honored the Dist. side of supporting the Yok brand. At that point it's on the LHS some, if they don't have an account or have chosen not to have one. Just a thought.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i couldn't agree anymore. but with the way things are here in the states that could be a bit of a gamble for amain and/or anyone else that buys from them.

you could always buy from yokomo europe. if you tell michal bok (owner/operator) that you're from the states he'll adjust the EU prices of the items you want to buy. it'll come out cheaper for you. just ask in the yokomo threads where else you could buy yokomo parts at the best prices.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you support your lhs, you'll run whatever they supply. Over here it's TeamC, Serpent and.. TeamC. If you want to run Yoke/Kyosho/Tammy then order from ChampRC Japan.

As mentioned above, has your lhs contemplated stocking Yoke, factoring local demand? Are you the only one running Yoke around your parts?

I feel your pain though.

Last edited by gelshocker; 04-09-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the issue isn't that LHS's don't stock Yokomo per se, but that they can't because A-Main has a stranglehold on all of the parts/kits coming into the US and won't distribute them to anyone else. I'm sure OP would buy parts from his hobby shop if they were available, but I don't think that's a good reason not to run a car/buggy he likes.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by littlevette
i couldn't agree anymore. but with the way things are here in the states that could be a bit of a gamble for amain and/or anyone else that buys from them.

you could always buy from yokomo europe. if you tell michal bok (owner/operator) that you're from the states he'll adjust the EU prices of the items you want to buy. it'll come out cheaper for you. just ask in the yokomo threads where else you could buy yokomo parts at the best prices.
I've shipped Yokomo throughout the world because for some people (especially from the states/australia) the products are hard to get. Over here in Europe supply is pretty good.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

You should post this question in A-main's section of the Commercial/Retail Forums.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Refer your LHS to http://www.swiftdistributing.com/
Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yokomo has always been tough in the US for some reason. Just across the border in Canada it's everywhere.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:13 PM
sac
Tech Regular

The local hobby shop was going to set up with Swift distributing (aka A main hobbies) and he was told that Yokomo was one of the lines that they did not offer through Swift.

Maybe things have changed .
Old 04-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICBeloitRacer
I think the issue isn't that LHS's don't stock Yokomo per se, but that they can't because A-Main has a stranglehold on all of the parts/kits coming into the US and won't distribute them to anyone else. I'm sure OP would buy parts from his hobby shop if they were available, but I don't think that's a good reason not to run a car/buggy he likes.
Im not so sure its a strangle hold. They are not really a sole distributor as much as they are just carrying the line. Really, I feel, as a favor to those racers who really wanted the yoke stuff. There is no official channel here. Just my opinion though.

I ordered without issue many times from race and drift Japan and champ rc.

Great cars by the way.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Shortly, A Main and Yokomo will be announcing a distribution agreement after working through the details for nearly a month. Many business decisions and considerations, including a brand new relationship, were factors in Yokomo only authorizing us to resell (to customers) product in the fall of 2012. After solidifying our partnership through 18 months of working together and fine tuning logistics and currency unknowns, both companies have now agreed that it would be in the best interest of all parties to take the next step. It is never the intent of A Main Hobbies to stifle local hobby shops, race programs, or other forms of outreach that help bring awareness and promote the enjoyment our industry has to offer.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sac
The local hobby shop was going to set up with Swift distributing (aka A main hobbies) and he was told that Yokomo was one of the lines that they did not offer through Swift.

Maybe things have changed .
That's a bummer, but does happen, not just with Amain/Swift either. Can't count the times I've encountered similar issues with other brands and dist. channels. Airtronics and Global come to mind.

Originally Posted by Jason A Main
Shortly, A Main and Yokomo will be announcing a distribution agreement after working through the details for nearly a month. Many business decisions and considerations, including a brand new relationship, were factors in Yokomo only authorizing us to resell (to customers) product in the fall of 2012. After solidifying our partnership through 18 months of working together and fine tuning logistics and currency unknowns, both companies have now agreed that it would be in the best interest of all parties to take the next step. It is never the intent of A Main Hobbies to stifle local hobby shops, race programs, or other forms of outreach that help bring awareness and promote the enjoyment our industry has to offer.

This is pretty much the answer. Sounds like the Yok brand wasn't in the dist. channel for Amain, but will now be. Should make things easier for those that run the Yok cars and the LHS to have parts on hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.