Default Pinion/esc setup/ tire ?'s

More questions!!!

Mugen mbx6 Eco
Hobbywing 150a esc
Tekin T8 gen 2 1900kv
Savox hi torque servo
Airtronics mx-v
5000mah 4s

1: 14 or 15t pinion? Main track is big and extremely loose,wide turns, almost zero hardpack, secondary track is all hard pack, blue groove on race day, much tighter but bigger jumps. I'm a sh&tty driver so I just want to make sure I maintain safe temps...

2: what settings are good for a newb like me to program into the esc. Throttle/brake/drag brake etc etc.....

3: tire recommendations for these 2 polar opposite tracks
Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Professor Bizzity bumptonian
Old 04-02-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowplug007
More questions!!!

Mugen mbx6 Eco
Hobbywing 150a esc
Tekin T8 gen 2 1900kv
Savox hi torque servo
Airtronics mx-v
5000mah 4s

1: 14 or 15t pinion? Main track is big and extremely loose,wide turns, almost zero hardpack, secondary track is all hard pack, blue groove on race day, much tighter but bigger jumps. I'm a sh&tty driver so I just want to make sure I maintain safe temps...

2: what settings are good for a newb like me to program into the esc. Throttle/brake/drag brake etc etc.....

3: tire recommendations for these 2 polar opposite tracks
For the pinon, and you seeming to be new to the racing side of rc, id say a small enough pinon to make the bigger jumps but nothing crazy yet. Get use to the car and the track and drive consistent laps. The stock settings should be fairly good in your esc, or ask a local guy to help you out. Make sure you set the voltage cut off correctly, and make sure you have enough brakes to correct your self mid air. Tire recommendations are what ever the other guys are running, ask around. I would say for the hard packed track, a small pin or even bar type tire maybe of the soft compound but once again ask around. As for the loomy track you want something with a fairly wide spread tread. Maybe a goosebump type style tire, or a bowtie maybe with again a soft or super soft compound. These are all speculations since I dont race 1/8 buggy but no one else answered so I thought Id try and help you out.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

15 or 16T. Use zero timing on the speed control. Set your brakes up so that you can stop the car well. Set your current limiter at 80%, you will never notice the difference from 80 to 100. You can go lower and still have tons of power.