I dont know whats wronge! help please

Old 08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I dont know whats wronge! help please

heres the story... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3239201/tm.htm
I was hopeing maybe you guys could give some suggestions? thanks
Old 08-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Same thing happened to me. The reciever wouldn't have happened to be a Futaba 75 MHZ AM reciever would it? I have a couple spares, so replacing it wasn't a problem, but it was rather funny, because I wound up cutting 2 switches, and soldering new leads on to the battery wires before realizing the problem was the reciever. I would tap the side and it would come back to life. Good thing I didn't start the engine right then, because it quit about 30 seconds later. It did this several times. Very interesting to see this problem happening again. I replaced the reciever, the way I see it, a $20 reciever isn't worth a more expensive car. Plus, I have extras, but you might get stuck with the cost of a new reciever.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

yea.. I thought it was the reciever too...I bought a new JR xr3i radio and reciever from a guy at the track today, put it in and its still doing it...Im lost on what the problem is...
thanks for replying
Old 08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Was it a Futaba reciever?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

nope..its JR
Old 08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Start a check list
It will probably be a good idea to completely remove your receiver, battery, and servos and check for damage frayed wires cracked cases ECT.

First if possible try your receiver with a friends servos no need to start car just switch wires and plug in a battery you know works plug the battery directly in no switch yet.

If the receiver is good move on if it is still bad try new (or borrow a set you know works) crystals if that fails try and borrow a radio if that fails it is the receiver

If the receiver and crystals check out ok remove your servos and check for damage to the wires then plug them in one by one to see if it is the problem.

If the servos check out move on to the switch (personally I would just get rid of the switch and run a jumper wire from your receiver to the battery box)

If the servos check out move on to the battery

if all of the above items check out look for items that could cause glitching on the chassis like metal to metal contacts
items contacting the antenna ECT.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

You dont say if you checked this, but take all the electrics out and check the wires, there are a lot of rubbing going on.Same thing happened to me with a throttle servo.