Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 electric truggies

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 1/8 electric truggies

With the mbx7t Eco coming out, is the electric truggy market coming to life, not conversions,but purpose built truggies. And what are all the companies that have purpose built competition electric truggies so far??
Old 03-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Durango, tekno, caster, team c, and now mugen.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sure hope so, were talking about it at our local track. I would love to wheel a Tekno.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
Durango, tekno, caster, team c, and now mugen.
Soon, Serpent too
Old 03-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Serpent is coming with a purpose built electric truggy????
Old 03-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

yeah they are soon not just the conversion kit like I am doing and other have done but a real e truggy kit
Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

keep in mind purpose built kits or conversions make no differences in terms of performance

basically a mbx7 eco is a conversion as well as the xb9e, mp9e, and most of the e-buggie/ truggies..

weight balance is actually better on many conversions, especially the ones from tekno

e-truggy is a blast to drive but can become expensive (tires, transmission wear due to increased rotation mass..), here they are very rare to be seen
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
keep in mind purpose built kits or conversions make no differences in terms of performance

basically a mbx7 eco is a conversion as well as the xb9e, mp9e, and most of the e-buggie/ truggies..

weight balance is actually better on many conversions, especially the ones from tekno

e-truggy is a blast to drive but can become expensive (tires, transmission wear due to increased rotation mass..), here they are very rare to be seen
If "purpose built" means a converted nitro platform with all the gear in the box to run electric, that's good enough for me. I just don't want to buy a nitro kit then buy a conversion (looking at you Losi).
Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

hey pulse serpent e truggy is well blance don't for get mate
Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kawi650
If "purpose built" means a converted nitro platform with all the gear in the box to run electric, that's good enough for me. I just don't want to buy a nitro kit then buy a conversion (looking at you Losi).
yep buying a nitro truggy + conversion kit is a PITA ($$$), the only way for the category to grow is that brands come out with electric ready kits so the MBX7T Eco is good news

let's hope other will follow
Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

yep buying a nitro truggy + conversion kit is a PITA ($$$), the only way for the category to grow is that brands come out with electric ready kits so the MBX7T Eco is good news

let's hope other will follow
My point exactly, buying a nitro kit, then a conversion kit, is not cost friendly..
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

yeah it is I reath buy a true e kit but I have to do this way handle is awersom but
Old 03-22-2014, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not a truggy, though, but on the TLR 8ight E 3.0 thread, there is general consensus that the purpose built E 3.0 drives better than the 3.0 E converted.

As the nitro 3.0 came out before the purpose built E version, many picked up the nitro 3.0 and converted it to electric, only to find out a little later that a purpose built version was released. Many was not happy about this.

Many sold their converted nitro 3.0's, because they wanted the "best" and when people began to report in that the real E version were better than the converted nitro version, this just further added to the commotion.

Maybe only in the marginals, but I would expect any purpose built E version to be better than a converted nitro.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Are there any other E-truggies in the works ??
Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Salkin
Not a truggy, though, but on the TLR 8ight E 3.0 thread, there is general consensus that the purpose built E 3.0 drives better than the 3.0 E converted.

As the nitro 3.0 came out before the purpose built E version, many picked up the nitro 3.0 and converted it to electric, only to find out a little later that a purpose built version was released. Many was not happy about this.

Many sold their converted nitro 3.0's, because they wanted the "best" and when people began to report in that the real E version were better than the converted nitro version, this just further added to the commotion.

Maybe only in the marginals, but I would expect any purpose built E version to be better than a converted nitro.
I base what I say on experience , a purpose built buggy is NOT always better than a conversion.

The DEX408 is not as well balanced as a converted DNX408, the 1st version of the Serpent 811E was worse than a converted S811 nitro and I have other examples.. For the same brand there is almost no difference between a conversion and a purpose designed buggy in terms of weight repartition when both versions have 1 lipo only. Some Tekno conversions are better balanced than stock e-buggies too.

The terms "purpose built electric buggy" is a marketing thing in most cases. 1/8 electric buggies 100% designed for electric are rare... and aren't faster anyways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.