Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X Factory On Prime Time TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default X Factory On Prime Time TV

X FACTORY WILL BE FEATURED ON SHOWDOWN OF THE UNBEATABLES, National Geographic Channel's new show premiering Friday April 4th at 9 Eastern & Pacific. We think we will be on the fourth or fifth show.

We'll let you know more as soon as we can. Paul, Chazz, and the X - 6 Cubed will be featured for about 10 minutes as part of the program. This is not a paid infomercial. The filming was totally spectacular.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/se...tion&start=10&

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...hannel/245794/
Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

This pic is from National Geographic's web site about the new show, Showdown Of The Unbeatables. Zane, on the right, was our presenter. Although the pic of the two presenters was not taken at the site, I think the background is from the place where our Showdown took place.
Attached Thumbnails X Factory On Prime Time TV-national-geographic-showdown-unbeatables.jpg  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

The first episode of Showdown is tonight! 9PM Eastern and Pacific. You'll see three showdowns, a total of six companies, each showing off its own facinating product in really cool ways, then the test. One is indestructible, the other is the unbeatable destructor. Which will win?

A neat show -- this is going to be a hit similar to MythBusters but different.

the episode with X Factory is coming soon.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What's the showdown for the x-factory? Another rc? Or a car crusher or something?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, we can't tell you at this time. We also can't tell you if we won.

I can tell you the competition is something you won't expect, and the result will probably be different than you expect when you first see what we are up against.

I also can tell you that in our set-up portion, where the audience sees what the X - 6 Cubed is and what it can do, Paul does a number of majorly cool tricks, and the videos are the best quality and best shots of an R/C car you have ever seen. You've got to see it to believe it.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

this sounds interesting... and could do something great for the rc word and getting it out into the public eye a bit more.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I couldn't find it is it possibly only on in the US?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My guess is a car vs a drone.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

You'll be surprised, Fred.

Hope everybody watched the first episode last night. I guessed the rock buster would eat the safe up. Wrong! If I had something worth keeping, I'd want a Brown safe. And I was surprised the paintball gun couldn't find the stationary target, and Chief AJ won! Hoo-Ray for the Chief!

Last, I thought they put the cannon too close to the glass. I wonder what would have happened if it had been 50 or 100 yards away. After all, it shot the bottle 500 yards in the test. And what if they had built a concrete block wall and coated that? That Line-X is cool stuff.

Win or lose, the promotion for R/C in general will be awesome.

Last edited by YoungChazz; 04-05-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Excellent exposure for you and Paul, and the hobby. Hope it remains available after showing for streaming, on youtube or somewhere.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

We can now show you two pix from GRB Productions, the producer of Showdown. First is a pic of Paul's Cubed taken at The R/C Factory in Jeffersonville, Ohio where several of the stunts were performed.

Second one is from a road near Waterville, Ohio. GRB wanted a drag race with a real car, and they were about to go rent one when Family member Oldman Billy volunteered his Porsche! He tuned it up the night before, and they made us do it about a dozen times while they set up eight cameras differently each time to get great shots of all the action.

Billy gave it everything the Porsche would do -- even though he is one of the most loyal members of The Family, he didn't like the idea of his prize Porsche losing. Anybody want to guess who won?
Attached Thumbnails X Factory On Prime Time TV-showdown02-x-6-cubed.jpeg.jpg   X Factory On Prime Time TV-showdown01-porsche.jpeg.jpg  
Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

I think last night's episode is available now. We have access to Comcast, and watched it there Saturday afternoon.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

I'd put money on Paul for the win. As long as it's not a really long race anyways.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

We didn't really measure it, but it was around 100 yards, maybe a bit longer. Far longer than any R/C straight, and plenty of time for Billy to get into 3rd gear.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
We can now show you two pix from GRB Productions, the producer of Showdown. First is a pic of Paul's Cubed taken at The R/C Factory in Jeffersonville, Ohio where several of the stunts were performed.

Second one is from a road near Waterville, Ohio. GRB wanted a drag race with a real car, and they were about to go rent one when Family member Oldman Billy volunteered his Porsche! He tuned it up the night before, and they made us do it about a dozen times while they set up eight cameras differently each time to get great shots of all the action.

Billy gave it everything the Porsche would do -- even though he is one of the most loyal members of The Family, he didn't like the idea of his prize Porsche losing. Anybody want to guess who won?
The X-6 if running any kind of mod motor.

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
We didn't really measure it, but it was around 100 yards, maybe a bit longer. Far longer than any R/C straight, and plenty of time for Billy to get into 3rd gear.
4th gear at 100 yards for a 901 transmission. To be fair, it is a Porsche 914. Unless it is an engine swap, it is a 4 cylinder (4 bolt hubs mean it is not a factory 6). At the largest, it is a 2L engine (assuming it is a 73, 70-72 would be a 1.7 or 1.8, and it is pre-74 based on the bumpers) pushing at most ~80HP. I raced a 914 for many years with a modded 2L (95hp at the wheels), and I wouldn't put it up against an electric RC to win. It is light and handles extremely well, but just being a Porsche is more hype then actual competition.

Nothing against X-Factory, my X60 is one of my favorite RC's that I run almost weekly, and absolutely love how it drives and handles. The 914 (which I personally love) when being used for a straight line drag race is the Traxxas of the Porsche world.

I love the idea of the national exposure though, and what a great way to do it! Go Xfactory and RC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.