Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Just got a free Ofna Ravager, do I keep it? >

Just got a free Ofna Ravager, do I keep it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got a free Ofna Ravager, do I keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Just got a free Ofna Ravager, do I keep it?

Hey evereyone,

A friend of mine basically got me a Ofna Ravenger as a gift for some work that I had done for him, yeah I was blown away too. I had not heard of the ravanger until tonight, as I was planning on getting a sportwerks mayhem rtr. I am a total newbie when it come to buggy's BTW.

So after to some quick research it seems that not much is known about the ravanger, but from what it seems it is a decent car for bashing, but not really race ready, i would like to race it and me a somwhat competitive, but i won't be shooting to be pro or anything, just at the local tracks.

I already have better servo's and radio gear laying around from my Nitro onroads, so I am not worried about the gear it comes with, but want to know if this is a car that i should keep

I am thinking that maybe i could ask him if I could switch it and pay the difference and perhaps get a jammin, as it seem like that is a great car, or should I try and get the Sportwerks as i had orginally planned? Or last of all should I not look a gift horse in the mouth and keep what i have and upgrade a year or so down the road once I have learned a bit about buggy'ing

Any advice would be appricited...
Old 08-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Oh I almost forgot, do you think this car will be well supported in the aftermarket, I know it is quite new but will there be lots of upgrades? replacement parts?

And is Ofna a company I can trust...

Thanks again...
Old 08-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I think you risk hurting his feelings or whatever if you want to give it back for a different one. Where did he get this kit? Maybe if he doesn't know any different, you can just trade it back yourself without him knowing.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

so you think i should trade it, he is a very good friend and I don't think it would hurt his feelings. But do I really need the better cars, i mean it usually is 80% the driver, is this car really that slow compared to the others
Old 08-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If it's free....I'll take 2!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well, i just took a look at their site and the revager looks like a nice buggy. you get 4mm shock towers, 3.5mm shock shafts, front universals, hard coated, threaded shocks, a hard coated chassis. all in all, see how you do with it for the rest of the season and go from there. if you feel it's holding you back, look to trade it at the end of the racing season or if not, just keep it as a basher and pick up the mayhem pro. either way, it's tough to loose out when it was free!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

So you think this is a good enough car to get going with, he actually has a mayhem so he knows a little, but he is also quite new to the sport...

Originally Posted by adam lancia
well, i just took a look at their site and the revager looks like a nice buggy. you get 4mm shock towers, 3.5mm shock shafts, front universals, hard coated, threaded shocks, a hard coated chassis. all in all, see how you do with it for the rest of the season and go from there. if you feel it's holding you back, look to trade it at the end of the racing season or if not, just keep it as a basher and pick up the mayhem pro. either way, it's tough to loose out when it was free!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

The ravager is like a 7.5 voilator only with a bigger engine(.28) and bigger fuel tank. It's only been out for a short time. If he has two more he wants to give away, i'll take 'em
Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Thats a good friend you got there bud! I say keep the ravenger, theres a young kid at my local track that dominates the youth stock buggy class..against mayhems and hyper7's. But like you said having a race buggy dont mean poo unless you can drive good.. I say keep it (you'll be happy with it) and just keep putting back alittle money at a time till you have the money to by a better ''race'' buggy..by then you'll have gotten alot of good track experince with buggy's!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

I actually decided to keep the carf and am i glad i did, after breakin in the motor i was flying over every bump i could find.

Then said to myself, what fun is a bump when you can hit some jumps! so i did, jumped it, flipped it, damn near freakin kill'd it. after four hours of back to back tanks, with the occasional stoppage for some barly and hops water, new batteries, and creating bigger jumps all that broke, well not borke i should say i lost was one of the plastic little spring holders for the front suspension. but with a beer bottle cap, and some ingenuity we were back at it, lucky there was a beer cap on the ground

but needless to say i don;t know about racing 1/8 buggies, but i am full on loving bashing them, we had three of them out there and people kept stopping on the side of the road to watch fly these things up the mountain (BTW we were in this huge excavation pit, could probably fir three fottball fields in their)

Can wait to get her out there again, i already cleaned her up, spray her down with some wd40 hoping to keep the water out of the bearing and she is itchin to rip, i wonder if i will ever drive the 1/10 on road again... ummm, yeah i will

p.s anyone got some spring holders?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

is off-road better than on-road? i have an HPI Nitro MT. and i was looking to get an on-road. but i wasnt shure. what is more fun? i dont race so it doesnt need to be race worthy. just want some opinions.

P.S. if i go with a new off -road can i have some help to find the right one.
my budget is 700-800$ (closer to 700... 750, but i am willing to spen the extra money for a good truck/buggy)!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:26 PM

ofna is a good company, i had a ofna mbx, they supported me in any way they could! so keep it! btw...i never heard of that buggy....its not on the ofna website? is it a discontinued buggy? (im into electric now...so i dont know)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
is off-road better than on-road? i have an HPI Nitro MT. and i was looking to get an on-road. but i wasnt shure. what is more fun? i dont race so it doesnt need to be race worthy. just want some opinions.

P.S. if i go with a new off -road can i have some help to find the right one.
my budget is 700-800$ (closer to 700... 750, but i am willing to spen the extra money for a good truck/buggy)!
I personally think they are totally different, off orad is great cause it is all out mayhem, but with on road i like the fact that you have to tweak the car, and tiny adjustments can lead to huge gains, i am sure it is the same for offroad but not quite as severe.

and my favorite thing about onroad i hauling around the corners on the edge of grip then flying down a straight andhaving to do it all over again. I find onroad to be very precise and if you bail you are dead, were it seem like with offroad you can pretty much do anything and be right back out there, kinda more relaxing. if you nick you tire in onroad, your done for that race usually, if you nick you tire in offroad its just a battle wound.

i say onroad is worht a try, but since i have been doing that, off road is so new it is very exciting.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

ok. im still not shure what im gonna do. i love off-road soo much and all my freinds have off-road. so if i get it there is no -one arround me that does on-road. this is a big set back.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I did onroad for quite some time, pretty heavy into carpet TC, but after going offroad, I probably would do onroad again only with 1/18 scale or 1/12 scale. Onroad is just more "work" than I really want to do to be honest. when I found myself spending more time wrenching then driving, I decided to just try something else.

with 1/18 at least with the BRP SC18, there wasn't really much work and the car hauled. Driving a friends 1/12 was quite fun in stock and didn't see him wrenching like I was with my TC. Cheaper too.

The Ravager looks like a great fun buggy with that nice Big Engine. Probably make a nice truggy too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.