Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!! >

2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Awesome cars don't know which to get!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i had the sct410 when it first came out, quality is great. but i had ALOT of WTF moments with it that i know alot of other tekno guys dealt with, hitting jumps and flying and landing wierd , and needing to really work how you hit jumps because of how it flys. i wasted lots of time trying to get a feel for it. ive since sold the truck and took a few month break and got a losi this time because of the frustration i had trying to run fast and fly right with the tekno. i havent gotten to race the losi yet, but i already picked up another tekno because it seems the bce chassis and some piston swaps really change the truck and im interested in trying it out because i know it is a good truck. and threads like this keep my mind twisted lol
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I feel like the tekno will probably give you the lowest lap time , while the scte will give more consistant lap times. Parts are a wash , you should have your own spares . The slop in the Losi is visually ugly , but not a real deal breaker. The Tekno is not a sweetheart to drive fast for everyone right out of the box. I chose a scte . I would really buy whichever kit your LHS can give you the best deal on . Use the difference to buy tires .
Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wouldn't worry a lot about parts support, 6 months and I have replaced one shock shaft because someone jumped a lane onto the straight head on with me.

As mentioned before the Tekno turns extremely well.
Wear is like having 1/10 electronics in a 1/8 buggy driveline... wait... that's what it is. The outdrives, cva's & gears laugh at the power that's put to them. Wear is just about nonexistent. Replace CVA pins once in a while... mine are still round.

The plastic is close to Mugen plastic as far as resistance to stripping out by tightening screws, go ahead and use a screw gun on just about any of the screws. Can't say that about anything else I've wrenched on other than the Tekno or Mugen.

It will be a long time before you find any slop in the steering links or hinge pin holes in the arms, everything's still super tight on mine.

I don't know if they went all metric on the 2.0 but wrenching on my buddies 1.0 gives me fits guessing which is standard and which is metric. One or the other please.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have the SCT410 been running it for a year, aluminum hexs. Only problems I have had stripped servo horn (stock plastic) replaced with aluminum. I also lost a drive pin out of a dog bone, not sure how it happened but it was just gone. That is it, in a hard year of driving and crashing. My lhs has 0 parts for this truck and I have never missed a round because of a broken part.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

As far as I'm concerned the Tekno is the only option. I've owned both. Performancewise the Tekno is better out of the box. Wearwise the Tekno will outlast the SCTE 4 or 5:1. TLR uses the cheapest materials China has to offer. Out of the box you can see outdrive/cup wear on an SCTE after a day of racing. I've been running my latest Tekno for 6 months and everything still looks great. Not only that but the shocks and diffs don't leak.....0 never. As far as parts go I've only had to replace an axle, a dog bone, and the steering knuckle assembly plastic. Rather than bags and bins of parts I have a single ziplock bag of spares and I've never needed it at the track.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You know my vote... Its basically a 1/8 Ebuggy with shorter arms. One steers, the other just kinda veers. Losi? Heck no, get a Tekno!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've owned both.. Sold my scte 2.0 for a tekno... So much better in the steering department. Def heavier, feels more solid... But like others have said more unpredictable in the air with the weird flips and whatnot.. But overall Tekno is a better steering design, sway bar mounting design, straight driveline down the middle instead of offset like SCTE. And the wear issue, I had to replace so many things on the SCTE because of wear, whereas the Tekno doesn't have these issues.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a scte with the TLR chassis and then the MIP chassis with all of the Tekno drivelines and I still like the Tekno short coarse truck better. The huge shocks it comes with make it handle the weight a lot better.