Brushless muggy suggestions >

Brushless muggy suggestions

Brushless muggy suggestions

Old 02-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Brushless muggy suggestions

Hey all,

Got myself a muggy and the problems seem to be never ending.

First off, I hate this rc monster mount. Mesh seems to be forever coming loose, and I want a slide in mount like what's in my 8ight t. Suggestions?

Secondly, wheels and tires. I have tried a ton of stuff and seem to fail at that too. I want an aggressive tread pattern and am currently running the cen genesis wheels which are perfect, but impossible to balance. Looking for at least 7" tall, suggestions?

Third and most importantly.... The motor I can't win with either. I just ordered the 1512 1800kv on a whim me it's puny, should have done more research as I thought it would be 1518 sized. Correct me if I'm wrong but this little motor will overheat fast. I've got a mamba monster powering it and am unsure what happens when i try to pair it with any other motor with smaller gauge wires. Just build an adapter? To that point, I did that with an 1800kv leopard and made the mistake of shortening wires and not removing the powder and it went up in smoke. So I'm wondering what motor to use as all the turnigy stuff looks great, but notice the max amp draw on their and all the other china motors is around 120 amps. Does that mean the mamba monster(constant amps of 200) will give too many amps....or it will just put less stress on the esc?

Lastly... This stinking slop in the steering. I tightened the steering assembly spring but it doesn't help. Tightening the turnbuckles doesn't seem to help either, just makes my wheels point further outward .

Beginner to novice questions at best, I know....but I would love some advice and yes I searched all the muggy forums first.

Thanks in advance!