ROAR bylaws revision

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR bylaws revision

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Not saying anything, just showing the answer to what richey stated, that is all. He claimed that in a 501c noprofit organization, the officers must be elected, but I researched and did not find this on the web yet. But in the by laws, it only lists the President and secretary/treasurers, along with an elected VP. SO in a way the officers of ROAR are elected with the exception of the secretary/treasurer.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Now that the ROAR forums on this site are close where do we take advantage of this bylaw?

A. ROAR will have a responsibility to maintain communications with its members,
and to provide them with current rules and specifications for competition and products.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

I have set up a new ROAR forum on my website. It's not as pretty as this one, but it still works.

www.tiltyard.com
Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

LanceRC since the other forum was shut down I did not get an opportunity to answer your questions.

What have I done for the sport and who the hell am I.

Lance I have run an offroad track in the state of Virginia for 15years.. The first 9 years it was run as afree track to all. Practice remains free to this day. I've volunteered to replace a vacant regional director sspot. Only to be told by the powers I'm not needed. I've volunteered for ROAR committees. I am a member in good standing and so is my track. I've held state level ROAR races, I've held 4 regional events, 1 multi regional event, the NORRCA electric offroad nationsals, RC pro series events and lastly the granddaddy of them all the ROAR mod nats in in 2003. I'm not someone new to the scene. I do alot for this hobby and you?

ww.tiltyard.com
Old 07-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

I think that the tabulation of the votes for this years and any election to follow needs to be done by a private accounting firm. It is very clear that there are several issues of mistrust and lies at the executive level with roar. If i was Fred i wouldn't want anything to do with counting the votes and he should not be put into that position.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

T. Thomas,
I may of not coveyed my point well enough. I am checking but with a 501c corporation the officer positions have to be open to anyone that wants to run not what has transpired with this new roar rule. Here is another question why haven't we seen a fianance sheet posted anywhere. It was posted in the rev-up but i havent seen it in there in the last year, Am i wrong? This is information that has to be supplied to ANY roar member. I will call the IRS on monday and check on what they have to say.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Richey keep us posted on what you fine out. I did a google on the 501 c but there isn't much info out there. Alot of companies want to hook you up for a price though.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

The nonprofit organizations are actually governed by the State in which the organization claims as the home of records, which in this case is California. I did find that much out.

Found this in the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p557/ch04.html#d0e8109

IT lists the restriction for nonprofit organizations for a social and recreational club. Which I believe ROAR falls under the recreational portion of this. I am going to look into the California laws later today to find more on thier restrictions which are the ones that actually govern how the organization can do things.

Last edited by T. Thomas; 07-31-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

After about an hour, I found the California Non Profit Corporation Laws. below is a link:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.html/corp..._contents.html

If you goto Division 2, that is where the Non Profit Corporation Laws begins. In the Division 2, Part 2, Chapter 2, Article 2, it covers the Selection, Removal and Resignation of Directors, and places the restrictions ont he corporations bylaws. These bylaws are governed by Divisions 2, Part 2, Chapter 1, Article 5. Which has these two sections, Section 5151 subsection D, and Section 5152. They are what governs the by laws and lists what they must include(which Roars By-laws clearly states these requirements).

According to California's Laws governing Non-profit corporations, Roar has followed their requirments and listed the requirements for selection, removal, and resignation of it's directors in its bylaws. As far as the IRS, those laws as well have been followed for a non-profit tax exempt organization.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

I think we should let the IRS make that decision.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

I have the last two REv ups and there is no financail reports available in them. Oh there is no Presidential column either. It seems he's really keep on top of his job duty.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

WOW, I go out of town for a couple days and look how things have progressed. My wife has worked for over 25 years in the non-profit world and sits on several non-profit boards as well as being the Executive Director of an organization currently. She has given me some things to look for and also has invited me to contact several attorneys whom sit on non-profit boards with her. You better believe I will be taking this seriously. I've been involved in R/C racing for almost 20 years and I am tired of the Racers always having serious issues with ROAR. It is time to either fix this organization or do away with it completely and go with something else.

P.S. Anyone else notice that when the heat gets turned up on ROAR, they shut down their threads, instead of addressing the issues?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am just getting back into the hobby after taking 7 years off and the first thing I read when I opened RC Car Action was the Open Letter to ROAR from Trinity. Besides this I have read some very valid concerns about ROAR's actions on this forum but I also read that someone called and threatened a ROAR member on her home phone. I hope that didn't happen as that would be crossing the line and it could prevent casual observers from joining the cause.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Guys let's keep this thread active ,by asking and discussing more than ever. By shutting down the forums on this site they just slapped us racers, members and trackowners in the face.

Here is a link to the starting grid website. I've ask numerous direct questions to out President Rick Wilson.

http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/...&conf=roartalk
Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have started a gas racing forum and I would be happy to have you guys have a thread there and I wont shut it down.

www.rcgassers.com

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.