Wiki Posts
Search

Waterproof electronics questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Waterproof electronics questions

I like to run my 1/8th in the snow with paddle tires and I have been protecting the electronics with tape and plastic for now. I know the MMM V2 is waterproof and I see EZrun has a 120a waterproof esc that is dirt cheap. So on a typical sensorless motor is it OK, I mean is the ESC about the only thing I would need instead of motor as well? I do want the capability of running 5S and 6S too. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Make sure the connector are wrapped by waterproof electric wrap, and no water can be penetrated to it.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Suspended

lol

Last edited by davidwills; 02-17-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: post on the wrong thread
Old 02-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Whatever you do, don't buy the XERUN esc. It's supposed to be water-resistant but my brand new XERUN died in the snow and then four hours later while trying to figure out what the problem was with it, I turned it upside down and turned the power on and the thing burst into smoke.

I'd say such a thing were "cool" if it weren't for the fact that that the smell of smoke now lingers in my place and my neighbors probably fear for their lives. That and the fact that I just got the XERUN a couple of days ago.

You're probably best off getting a real cheap ESC and then taking it apart to waterproof it yourself.