I have no brakes, I have no reason why.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have no brakes, I have no reason why.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default I have no brakes, I have no reason why.

I could really use some help as I am out of ideas. I decided to have an SC10 for a larger outdoor track and to keep the SC10.2FT that I am building for our smaller indoor track.

For the SC10 I have scabbed together an ESC and motor I had laying around. The componets are the following:

ESC - www.speedpassion.net/reventon/reventonr.asp

Motor - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html

Radio - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html

So, here is what I have done:
Adjusted the End Point on the radio
Calibrated the ESC
"Programmed" the ESC via the program box that came with it

I cant seem to find anything that will actually lock up the tires. In my last race (as a last ditch effort) I turned up the drag brake just so my SC wouldn't parachute over jumps. Other than that I have no control of the truck in the air with the current components. Anyone have anything else I can try?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Some of these two pole motors just do not have lock the tires up kind of braking output to them.

On the other hand I have seen a brushless e-maxx endo itself from hard braking at speed on pavement.

I would of course suggest looking at the braking output on the ESC again though and to make sure the radio has endpoints/travel set to 100%.

Maybe the last time you were in the ESC the settings did not get saved somehow?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If I follow step by step how you said you set it up, I would say the issue is you adjusted your epa, before calibrating the radio.

ALWAYS calibrate your radio at 100/100 then adjust your epa AFTER the radio is calibrated.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Captcha
If I follow step by step how you said you set it up, I would say the issue is you adjusted your epa, before calibrating the radio.

ALWAYS calibrate your radio at 100/100 then adjust your epa AFTER the radio is calibrated.
I should have mentioned that those were in no particular order. In the past I have always reset the radio and started from scratch before programming the ESC. I will try again just to make sure I didn't miss something, but after two attempts of starting from scratch I don't think I did.......... I really wish I did.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Try increasing the reverse speed in the esc settings and see if it helps. I think default is 25%, try 100%. I've heard of some guys having this issue and not sure why but they said it helps.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcgod
Try increasing the reverse speed in the esc settings and see if it helps. I think default is 25%, try 100%. I've heard of some guys having this issue and not sure why but they said it helps.
I will check that out. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some versions of the Reventon firmware had horribly soft brakes. I remember reading severel comments about this when I first got my Reventon. I dont recall which firmware in particular was the "horrible"one , but I would update the esc software before I went much further with this , making sure the latest firmware is installed.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wittyname
Some versions of the Reventon firmware had horribly soft brakes. I remember reading severel comments about this when I first got my Reventon. I dont recall which firmware in particular was the "horrible"one , but I would update the esc software before I went much further with this , making sure the latest firmware is installed.
This will be the first thing I do when I get home.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

over-gearing and crap motors do this also.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wittyname
Went home, updated the FW and it was GOLDEN!!!! Thank you for the help.