Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hobby partz need help now

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hobby partz need help now

Heyguys I reallhhate to do this but I've heard this is one of the only ways to get hobby partz support is by making a thread on rc tech?

Anyways here goes. Abouttwo weeks ago I ordered a justock esc and lcd programming box for a total of about 71 dollars and change. Well that order "shipped" on the 3rd and had an expected delivery date of the 11th.

The order was origionally shipped via ups. Then transfered to usps in ohio. Postal service says they have not received my order and ups says they have no idea of such an order and to contact the seller. So I've used there silly ticket system 3 times now leaving feedback since I've been up at 8 est 5 pst. And have not heard back I've also called and either gotten a buisy signal or eternal wait.

I day tradded with a guy so I could get my stuff and possibly go racing tomorrow but now it looks like that's not going to happen, does anyone have any input? I wish I had bought local I would have it by now and support local buisness.

Thanks sean
Old 02-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Dang that sucks. I really hate using UPS, without fail they are always problematic for me.
I hope they get you taken care of.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Dang that sucks. I really hate using UPS, without fail they are always problematic for me.
I hope they get you taken care of.
Yea. I guess I don't understand why they transferred to usps. And ups doesent seem to have a clue. And to make it even worse I'm basicly burning up all my days I have off because of this. I have enough money I could go buy something local but then what do I do with the esc if/ when it arrives?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have input on hobbypartz.com? I've read lots of reviews most are positive but when I add bad or problem to the end of my search I get lots off horror stories. Can anyone tell me how there order went? I just can't beleve its taken this long

Thanks
Sean
Old 02-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Should have bought directly from http://www.falconsekido.com/

Sorry to hear you had a problem but it seems like its more a miscommunication between USPS and UPS than hobbypartz
Old 02-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Always research companies before buying online, as I have heard NOTHING but horror stories about hobby partz.

ALSO you could have ordered it directly from HWNA, falconsekido.com for 58.95 (ESC and LED Card) + shipping, or possibly free shipping over 50$....

As to dealing with them, you are at the mercy of them, so I would keep pesturing until they pick up.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've ordered from HobbyPartz a few times, and had no issues. The handoff between UPS and USPS is called 'UPS smartpost'. I believe its a discounted shipping service that lets UPS drop off a bunch of packages to a single location (USPS office), then lets the local postman go to the final location. I haven't had any issues with this service as well.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it's like you said EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE OF THE 11TH. That does not mean the 11th
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's still the 11th. The day isn't even over yet.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fredswain
+1...

Plus if it is a lost order, most companies won't look at sending a replacement until at least 30 days after the expected delivery date. I have had orders lost from TowerHobbies and from Musician's Friend and both companies had a 30 day wait period.

Also, remember the internet is a scary thing sometimes. 99% if the perople that have outstanding service from a company don't bother to post a positive response, while the inverse is ture about people posting negative replies so you always have to consider the sample size.

Just as an example, I recently bought a house and decided to have all the polybutalayn (Spelling error) pipe replaced. The comapny I chose had the best deal, but when I went to research them on the net I found 15 negative posts and only 2 positive. I did a bit of further research and found out this company has been around for 15+ years and re-pipes approximately 70,000 houses a year across the country. I couldn't have been happier with the work they accomplished. They were fast and professional. And I made sure I took the time to post that on the review sites.

The same can be said for any company/industry.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fredswain
Sorry it was expected on the 10th. Is there any reason why usps would still be saying no package received yet and ups says they dropped it off on the 6th to Columbus ohio.

And the reason I emailed hobbypartz is because when I called ups they said they didn't know and to call the seller. But the cs girl I got at ups didn't sound bright. It's just frustrating

I wish I had ordered from hobbywing direct or something because I've been waiting since the 3rd
Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkscope001
Sorry it was expected on the 10th. Is there any reason why usps would still be saying no package received yet and ups says they dropped it off on the 6th to Columbus ohio.

And the reason I emailed hobbypartz is because when I called ups they said they didn't know and to call the seller. But the cs girl I got at ups didn't sound bright. It's just frustrating

I wish I had ordered from hobbywing direct or something because I've been waiting since the 3rd
Why have you been waiting since the 3rd if it wasn't supposed to be there until the 10th. It's ok for a package to be a day or 2 late no big deal it happens all the time.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by darkscope001

Biggest reason why the USPS does not have any tracking info on it is because it was not initially shipped through the USPS. When UPS hands off a package to the USPS it is not re-entered into the USPS tracking system.

There are several possible reasons why it has not beeen delivered yet:
- May have arrived at the USPS sorting office after the cut off to be sorted
- May have been sorted and then had to go to your regional main post office to be sorted to your specific location
- mail carrier may have been full and package has to wait till next shipment

If ordered on the third, then you may still have a day or 3 to wait. Especially with the hand off from UPS to USPS.

It all depends on when the order was processed, then shipped. I have ordered from companies before when they said expected delivery date was XX and then it turns out they didn't even ship it until XX.

Rule #1 concerning ordering online... If you need by a certian date, buy local or order online allowing at least a week to 10 days cushion. I can't count the number of times the item I ordered and need by xx date arives the day after said date. It's Murphy's Law!

Last edited by Riverbluff; 02-11-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've ordered from hobbypartz more then a handful of times and half the time the tracking info is wrong or something is weird but I've always got my stuff!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Riverbluff
Biggest reason why the USPS does not have any tracking info on it is because it was not initially shipped through the USPS. When UPS hands off a package to the USPS it is not re-entered into the USPS tracking system.

There are several possible reasons why it has not beeen delivered yet:
- May have arrived at the USPS sorting office after the cut off to be sorted
- May have been sorted and then had to go to your regional main post office to be sorted to your specific location
- mail carrier may have been full and package has to wait till next shipment

If ordered on the third, then you may still have a day or 3 to wait. Especially with the hand off from UPS to USPS.

It all depends on when the order was processed, then shipped. I have ordered from companies before when they said expected delivery date was XX and then it turns out they didn't even ship it until XX.

Rule #1 concerning ordering online... If you need by a certian date, buy local or order online allowing at least a week to 10 days cushion. I can't count the number of times the item I ordered and need by xx date arives the day after said date. It's Murphy's Law!
I'm hoping it's not much later I really Wana race. Well lesson learned. Buy local besides the one local store that's run by one guy and has all the good race stuff said some months he barely makes enough to run the store. I should have bought there and supported him. But that's what I get for being greedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.