Wiki Posts
Search

new Adam drake kit question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default new Adam drake kit question?

Hi
Were getting this kit and wanted to know what upgrades to get for it ?
Also my son wants the sirio engine he uses which one is it and part #?
Thanks
Jon
Old 07-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hello are you getting the drake one or the drake two, if you are getting the drake one then the rear pivot block will need to be upgraded and thats about it. the drake two is in my opinion a much better kit even though it dosnt look much different there are many improvements that make huge differences i havnt been beaten all year at my track i have lost mains because of diff and engine problems but when i run it just looks nasty fast. go with the drake two the rear traction is also much better. and you dont need to upgrade to a alum rear pivot block which is 25.00. in my opinion i ran the sirio this year and its good but when i got it i pulled it apart and i couldnt believe the burr on the sleeve so have someone clean up the sleeve and maybe slightly port it. my sirio didnt last long either i wasnt impressed. i would look into a os .12 tr or tz or even the os 12 cvr. if you want the best engine out look into a rb v12 that is the engine i am going to run next. hope this helps and if you are going to race replace the rear inner ballcups with dubro captured ball ends because the stock ones will pop off after about two weeks. good luck....
Old 07-30-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jon,
The Adam Drake 2 is a great kit out of the box. The only uprades I installed were Rock Concepts front carrier and rear pivot block. As for the engine, I believe Drake still runs a Sirio Evo 2. I am pretty sure you can no longer buy them because Sirio is realeasing the EVO 3. I personally run a Sirio Adam Drake SE and an OS CVR depending on the conditions (both side exhaust engines). Honestly, I usually post faster times with the OS because its power is more stable than that of the high horsepower Sirio. When you put those high horsepower rear exhast engines in a 2wd STADIUM TRUCK, you run the risk of spinning you tires the whole time. Rear exhaust engines, like the RB V12 and OS TZ, are only good on high traction blue groove conditions. If you want to be fast start with the OS, learn how to be fast and consistent with it, and then put that fire breathing Italian engine in it. Just my two cents.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replys!!!
Hey
What exaust would you use with those engines (inline)???
Also are the side exaust engines you run have slide or rotary carb
The Track we run at is small pretty compressed dirt with lots of ruts and jumps so we want something that can be at this track or a bigger one and be competive without buying two to three engines?
Thanks
Jon
Old 07-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I currrently have both an OS TR and an OS CVR and the CvR is fast but usable. The TR is just plain fast! I dont think I could drive a truck (at the moment) with anymore power.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I run the mugen .12 in my drake it halls. If I were you i would look into getting one of those.